you played a good game josch. i had just a tiny bit of luck. if it was not for those two pawns you gave away freely in the beginning it would have been more difficult. and of course you overlooked the knight move on the rooks.

:( Oh when you forked my rooks? Shoulda seen that coming..

btw.. if you view the tournament and you know who your next opponent is, feel free to go ahead and play the next game if both you and your opponent want.. Don't worry about following pace with the slower people :p. After every round, I'll send out a Summary PM.

Oh and Sk8, what do you think about the final game of the tournament as I discussed in a previous post?

I'm rooting for sk8.

Actually, you guys can make selections of who you think will win on the bracket. :)

Who is all playing?I'm sure nichito and josh are still in......

>Actually, you guys can make selections of who you think will win on the bracket.
But that requires logging in. Why not just make bets here? :)

I think rash will win the loser's bracket but not the whole thing.

Josh could win.....

btw, where do i find this bracket?
I am a, i dread to say it, looser...
At chess, not life or anything!

Hmm.. I just thought of something.. how are we going to count the championship game? There will be one person who would have gone undefeated in the winner's bracket.. and one other who had only lost one game. What if the person from the loser's bracket wins? Does he win the whole tournament? Or do we have one final game since they would have both lost one game.. I have seen double elimination tournaments work both ways.

Yeah, you're right there josh. double elimination works that way. the unbeaten in the winner's bracket is twice to beat if ever he/she losses in the last game.

Well, this kind of tournament system is not really used in chess tournaments. it works for some sports but yeah, not in chess i guess.

i think one last game would be best. can i suggest that next time we make it all play all and the highest score wins? We are going to have problems with draws now. By the way josch i am here now but lets begin in 45 minutes as planned OK?

I was gonna suggest the same way. That's the "swiss system". Everyone plays against each player and the winner gets a point. Half a point to both players if its a draw. at the end the highest scorer wins the tourney and if there's a draw on the scores, the person who won on their previous match (eg. the match of the persons who have the same score at the end) wins, no need for a rematch but yeah we can always modify things.

Another thing that might be interesting is an ongoing ladder system.

I like the ol' japanese tournament style.

I think rash will win the loser's bracket but not the whole thing.

What? How? I'm in the loser's bracket now so how could he? :)

Another thing that might be interesting is an ongoing ladder system.

Surprisingly enough, that's a good idea :)

btw, where do i find this bracket?
I am a, i dread to say it, looser...
At chess, not life or anything!

You can find it here

Good luck on your games.

thanks Jocamps :)

Hey Jocamps good luck with quintoncoert! :)

Hey Jocamps good luck with quintoncoert! :)

Thanks Josh. is he good?

Beat me.. dunno if that says much though..

Damn.....I guess josh wasn't as good as I thought.

:(

I thought that you would win a couple of matches.I guess I'm going to have to root for sk8 now.Ah.....but good luck anyway in the losers bracket.

hahaa.. well.. thanks, I guess.. :( :(

When did the thing start anyway?I'm not going to read the whole thread anyway.

I guess this thread is used for reporting too. I won my game against sk8ndestroy14. Thanks for the good game, and I hope to see you again on the flip side. :)

commented: Happy Independence Day! =) "(9:02:52 PM) Dave: I haven't followed it much since advising Josh to advise him." -Tuh, bull crap.. that was all my pimp ass :) +15

jbennet & me haven't even started our game... sorry, but i was away in a trip... i'm waiting for jbennet's answer to see when we're playing...

commented: Happy Independence Day! :) +15
commented: RASHAKIL DISAPPROVES OF INDEPENDENCE DAY. -2
commented: Happy Mother's day. Oops!. Too late. The intention is what counts. Right? +6

Okay it's cool.. If possible, the winner of you two needs to play rashakil ASAP..

I think it's fair to give that specific game an extension because of the circumstances of the seeds. Anyway yeah, I lost.....to A GIRL!......AT CHESS!!! Haha, just kidding. Narue is good. I didn't last long at all. Hopefully I'll make up for it in the loser's bracket. Yeah, don't forget everybody, that this thread can be used for reporting as well as a pm to me or Josh. Either way the results will be posted on the thread.

commented: Man, I was betting for you. You made me a looser. ;) +6

There is a new thread I started that refers only to the bracket. If you need to see it then go there. It should keep us more organized and any bracket questions or discussion can be directed there.

Oh by the way, i missed to report about our game with serunson. read the rule which says both player should report. hehe my bad.

Jocamps. I shall talk to you later about when we can play. from what time to what time are you available each day? i am not sure but australia is eight hours ahead of GMT right? Or better yet tell me when you are available daily in GMT.

for those interested... now playing #8 bracket... jbennet against me...

Nichito beat me

commented: That's why I don't bet for real. I was ruling for you. I am a looser again. +6
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.