i just sat at a light next to this viper and boy did it sound downright nasty.
looked mean as all get out too. A pretty high curbside idle but ohh so pretty
from the window of my buddys cooper S nice to see some muscle back on the road.. too bad it starts at like 83K though. :!:

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Man, those Vipers are HOT! 500 Horsepower to the wheels I'm told!

I, too, am glad to see muscle coming back in vogue. Back in the early 90's we saw a resurgance of it with all of the Japanese sports cars. They had power, but had more finesse than anything. But, now we've got Chrysler with the Prowler, Viper, and Crossfire, GM with the 05 Corvette, the GTO, and the Monte Carlo SS, and Ford with the GT and the 05 Mustang, I think cars are finally going to get interesting again.

Has anyone seen the commercials for the new Corvette yet? Those things almost look like Ferarris!

you want mean, my buddy has a 67 Chevelle SS that runs 9 on 2 stages of Nitrus - only costs about 25K :mrgreen:

yeah ive seen the commercials for the new 'vettes on with the olympics lately..
always nice to see a two tire fire from a manufacturer... ..its oh so nice.

What do you guys think about the new Japanese sports cars out now? I'm kind of digging the RX-8 and the 350Z... Opinions?

What do you guys think about the new Japanese sports cars out now? I'm kind of digging the RX-8 and the 350Z... Opinions?

I'm all a about the Japanese import scene. :) ... considering buying an Evo8 or RSX-S

I'm all a about the Japanese import scene. :) ... considering buying an Evo8 or RSX-S

The Evo8==Lancer, right? I've always been a fan of the Lancer Evolution line from Mitsubishi, and I think it's great they're finally over here. I never was too keen on the RSX-- I really liked Integras, but I guess they were becoming a little aged. I think they're nice from a performance standpoint, but I don't like their styling. They look to me like they were made to be turned into those "MAD TUNERZ DOODZ" cars that you see in toy stores; you know, the ones that look real silly, ie, it looks like they have 40 inch wheels on them, and that the toy car's body was stretched out to fit over the silly looking wheels.

diggin on the 350Z good lines and alot of pep loved em since datsun. ive put one too many clutches in an rx-6 so im still not interested years later (but love the wankel concept) .not too big on japanese imports, love american muscle cars.
a part of me goes out to muscle esque cars like the zegato. too bad it starts at over 250,000$

Q: if i have a honda civic and its worth 1000$ stock and i do 75,000$ worth of
work to it how much is it worth?

A: 1500$ its still a honda. lol

i would like to take a dihatsu and turn it into a drag car though.
tub it, cage it, the whole 9 yards.. little skinnies.. weld the doors shut it would be great. leave it that crappy little flash rust color all of them are once they roll off of the assembly line and touch air :cheesy:

My dad used to own a Viper, until he swore off American cars. I was never very fond of it, I'm not much of a speed demon, but more of a comfy seat kindof guy. If you like speed it was faster than a bat out of Hell, but the handling wasn't as sharp or smooth as a lot of other sports cars.

good to know it handles like a radioflyer with a flat spot on one wheel. ;)

The BMW M3 is not bad it's price range.

Interestingly enough, I once got to drive a friend's Mercedes SL55 AMG. I know these are high price range, and in conversation I never here "Man look at that Viper, I like Corvettes, I like the SL55 AMG", probably because of the price range. Still, this car was amazing and I would take it over anything within the 40K-70K price range and most in it's own price range... that is... if I had a winning lottery ticket.

I looked to the BMW's for rally weight distro target for handeling when I built
my '69 camaro.. havnt dumped the motor in yet we'll find out how well ive done for weight distribution in a month or two after she comes back from the bodyshop.
as for the mercedes I cannot say.. i would expect quality for the price though.

hi, i work in a global automotive supplier, and I need help
what can u say me about the viper seats? are they confortable or not?
have u ever had problems with the seats? what would u change on them? we want to know what you think so tell me your ideas.

lot of thanks to all!!

Gonzalo Herrera
Marketing Department

hi, i work in a global automotive supplier, and I need help
what can u say me about the viper seats? are they confortable or not?
have u ever had problems with the seats? what would u change on them? we want to know what you think so tell me your ideas.

lot of thanks to all!!

Gonzalo Herrera
Marketing Department

well personally i think they suck and so does the car...how is 30k+ a better deal over a corvette when its not any quicker? and no they are not comfortable to sit in. The only hold you in so you dont slide around. And what is with the interrior on the vipes? you should change that too...ive seen better styling in 20k cars that the vipe seriously, a big engine should not sell cars it needs the whole package and that package is something that needs to be cometly redone from the ground up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.