This may be a crazy thought but... um...

Completely hypothetical situation here :twisted:

Let's say that someone were to Flag Bad Post on a post that, legitimately, would have deserved it based on the forum rules as they stand... This someone was very tired and wasn't seeing things properly and thought the post had been made, say, today... But in fact the post was several months old in one of those threads that just kinda resurfaces here and there because it's an opinion type thread. Y'know, hypothetically :twisted:

There's no way for a person to un-flag their own submitted flags? (again it was a valid flag but kinda pointless if the post had been there for several months anyway)

And again, completely hypothetical here :P

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Just flag the same post again requesting it to be ignored, should do the job IMO.

Also, the flag bad post isn't in any way related to the age of the thread/post. If a member finds something inappropriate with a year old thread (spam/other violation), reporting it makes sense though practically speaking this isn't a regular occurrence. Spam posted in 1999 is still spam in 2010, if you know what I mean. :-)

commented: Ya, I know, feedback forum = no rep but still! +0

When you flag a bad post, a thread is created in a hidden queue of submitted reports, where moderators act on each submission as a ticketing system of sorts. All you're really doing is calling a moderator's attention to the post. :)

If you want, flag the post again with an updated note to the moderator, and the updated note will get added to the same ticket.

commented: Ya, I know, feedback forum = no rep but still! +0

>> Spam posted in 1999 is still spam in 2010, if you know what I mean. :-)
Gguess so ya. As I said was just one of those 'post was at top of screen, not bottom of screen, thought it was at bottom of screen (current)' moments lol But as you said, spam is spam.

LoL not only did you two post almost on top of each other but cscgal's posts managed to sneak in in the space of time it took me to type my reply :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.