UNSUBSCRIBE ME PLEASE - immediately - thank you
Why is this not easier to do?

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

You have 1 post (the one above) and you want to be unsubscribed? What have you subscribed to with only 1 post?

If you don't want to be a member of DaniWeb then just simply stop posting. It isn't any easier than that.

Visit this link and delete all the subscribed threads which show up there. Also, visit the forum to which you are subscribed to (which you already know since you are getting email subscriptions I presume?) and click on the "mail" icon (just besides the RSS icon on the top right of the forum).

Visit this link and delete all the subscribed threads which show up there. Also, visit the forum to which you are subscribed to (which you already know since you are getting email subscriptions I presume?) and click on the "mail" icon (just besides the RSS icon on the top right of the forum).

Thank you. That's what I wanted to know.

EDIT: strike this - see next post.

No, wait a minute, that still does not explain how I get rid of Daniweb Digest Emails.

I'm sorry but in my frustration I just fired off a quick email which did not explain the actual problem in detail.

And yes I've never used Daniweb so why am I getting emails?????

There should be a simple opt-out or unsubscribe link for digest emails in the emails themselves or even in the member profiles but I have yet to find one.

I think the digest mails from Daniweb do have a unsubscribe link at the end of it. If that isn't the case, try visiting this page and disabling email notifications and other things which you don't require.

There should be a simple opt-out or unsubscribe link for digest emails in the emails themselves or even in the member profiles but I have yet to find one.

At the very bottom of the DaniWeb Digest there is the following:

"Click here to opt out of DaniWeb Digests, our monthly community newsletters. You can always opt back in, and change other membership options, by visiting your Member Control Panel."

One click and you are unsubscribed.

I am also frustrated by the lack of WORKING unsubscribe option. I followed every suggestion long time ago (except trying to get banned) but no joy - I still get emails.

Member 'Reliable' has the right idea: unsubscribe link should take the user a separate page (http://www.daniweb.com/web-development/php/threads/316912), alternately, there should be a unsubscribe button in control panel.

I suspect Dani web owner does not want to allow members to leave: the number of REAL members is likely to be MUCH smaller, which wouldn't attract advertisers...

I have the opposite problem, I get no emails from Daniweb :)

There is no way to unsubscribe. The only solution is to not give your real email address to this site. Every. Since this site does not even require email address confirmation, anything will work. Be smart, keep your privacy

commented: Noob +0

There is no way to unsubscribe. The only solution is to not give your real email address to this site. Every. Since this site does not even require email address confirmation, anything will work. Be smart, keep your privacy

So says Steve Nelson of Pennsylvania. Someone who didn't consider that this site recorded his IP address and with IP Geolocation they can probably drive to your house and knock on your door. But your email address is safe, so life is good.

commented: thank youo +0
commented: Owned +0

Is it just me, or is this thread not going to end well? ;)

commented: It's just you +0

To unsubscribe, go into your control panel, and then to Edit Options. Uncheck the box "Receive Occasional Email from DaniWeb." Alternatively, there should be an Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the monthly newsletter. If there is not, simply forward the email to me (cscgal [at] daniwebmail.com) and I will unsubscribe you. Or, you can send a PM to either myself or Narue to unsubscribe you.

If you do register with a fake email address, the system automatically permabans you from the site after 3 days (once it tries to send you an email that bounces).

Can you have the notifications send to more than one email since i have two email accounts and sometimes i use either one. Thanks

Probably not, but maybe we can home deliver it to you?

commented: thank you +0

Probably not, but maybe we can home deliver it to you?

Will you cover the postage fees as well, if yes. I will give you my support and my address. LOL:D

I'll take your support, but you can keep the dress :D

Automatically bans in 3 days? This is insane. A spammer or a troll ca wreak havoc in 3 days. Also I am not sure how do you detect fake email? There are many services out there that offer a so-called "throwaway" email addresses - these are real addresses, they never bounce, but you just get it, use it once, maybe to confirm your registration on a site like this one and never have to check it again. Just google for "throwaway email address"

I use them all the time and never worry about spam. As for ip address, who cares? We are talking about protecting against spam. Are you going to deliver spam to my ip address? I don't think so.

commented: I agree +0

> Automatically bans in 3 days? This is insane. A spammer or a troll ca wreak havoc in 3 days.
Our moderation team typically deletes spam in a matter of hours tops. I am just saying that if an email address bounces, the account gets banned automatically. If the user spams or trolls, the ban would most likely happen before that.

> There are many services out there that offer a so-called "throwaway" email addresses - these are real addresses, they never bounce, but you just get it, use it once, maybe to confirm your registration on a site like this one and never have to check it again.
I am aware that services like this exist, but there really isn't anything that any site like ours can do about it -- whether or not we confirm email addresses, check for bounces, etc.

"Alternatively, there should be an Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the monthly newsletter."

Oh there is, there is! But it just takes to Dani Web, where you can sign in and go to control panel as usual - where unticking everything brings no results at all. In other words, it's a vicious cycle.

There should be a clear "unsubsrcibe me from this site", button or at least the unticking (opting out) of subscriptions should bring actual result

Anyway, thanks for offering to unsubscribe me cscgal, I have sent you a PM.

commented: yes +0

Hmph, I do believe you should make me a moderator, so I can delete all these spamming haters.

Hmph, I do believe you should make me a moderator, so I can delete all these spamming haters.

Why don't torture them first. First do an IP log and go to their homes. Stuft their heads into the toilet bowl before give them negative reputation. I would like to see their reaction

Why don't torture them first. First do an IP log and go to their homes. Stuft their heads into the toilet bowl before give them negative reputation. I would like to see their reaction

I'm much to civilised for that, I would at least knock first :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.