hi
i am from chooselinux.org and i want to analyse how many posts people usually make on daniweb per day

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

I dont think that quantity of posts is of major concern ... its the quality that matters ... so when I find something worth I can help ... I do a post ... otherwise I keep quiet.

If someone votes that they don't know what DaniWeb is then I think that's the least of their problems.

i want to analyse how many posts people usually make on daniweb per day

6.63 post per day, according to my member profile. Of course, that's averaged over my entire time here, and I certainly don't post every day. I usually make somewhere between 8-15 posts or more on any given day of activity here.

I think the post count in the poll it not close to reality ... cuz here in daniweb no one is averaging even 10 posts ...

I think it is more about the quality of your posts rather than the post number. Making lengthy and detailed posts is better than a "yea I agree" post. Just my opinion.

Yeah, that's true. How come only three people voted? :)

I make about 1 useful post every few weeks I guess.

How many unuseful posts do you make every few weeks?

How many unuseful posts do you make every few weeks?

Actually, I'd say over the time I've been here, I've made 1441 unuseful posts.

Impossible! You've been here since the summer of '04 and you make about 1 useful post every couple of weeks. You said so yourself!

commented: I think she's nice and does a great job with the forums!!! +2

Well, I don't post that often, just when I have a problem with C++ that I can't figure out.

I frequently visit the DaniWeb forum (C++) and it's actually the only one I visit though I now several other ones!

Reason is because, the outlay is great (wonderfull job you did on that Dani) and the people are very helpfull :!:

I also like to read the threads in the C++ forum to see what questions others have and see how others then help them out, it's just fun to read it :)

I know what you mean. I started DaniWeb because I just loved browsing other tech forums back in the day. Never posted ... just read. I was a lurker until I started my own forum.

7.9 over the time I have been here. Same as DMR, sometimes i do not post on a given day and sometimes I will post ~10 times :).

I am feeling very inferior because I have the lowest ratio of anyone who posted in this thread.

I have joined this forum in late Aug,05....and enjoying every bit of it....its my my first forum....and i agree with nanosani(first post)

AMD_SUCKS, if you really wanted to correctly survey, just go to the member list, then open an Excel spreadsheet.

column a = 1-1384
column b = 09/02/02 - 23/11/05
Cell C1 = add up the total posts for member posts for people who joined on 09/02/02
Cell C2 = add up the total posts for member posts for people who joined on 10/02/02

etc

Then in column d, use the following =cx/ax (where x = row number)
Then sum D1-D1384 and divide by total number of members on the member list (=19744). This gives you the average post per day for the average member. Which will no doubt be about 0.01~0.1.

If you get two people working together on a page a minute of the member list, the 659 pages should take 1.5 weeks based on 7hour days.

YEh..
I also agree with nanosani(first post).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.