When I quick reply a post it automatically subscribe it . is there anyway i can remove that ?

and how about adding ajax :mrgreen: .

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You can click the link near the top of any thread to subscribe or unsubscribe from it. If you go into your control panel, there is an option you must have enabled to automatically subscribe to all threads you post in - just change that to no :)

AJAX comes with vBulletin 3.5 ... we're going to be upgrading in about a month :)

err I know abt the unsubscribe in the usercp , but wht`s the use of quick reply if I have to go there for unsubscribing every thread :(

I'm confused what you mean? The only difference between Quick Reply and full reply is that you don't have to go to click through to and load the new post page at the sacrifice of not having all of the editor tools at your disposal.

well try this...

~ I like to use quick reply .
~ but I don`t like to subscribe threads.
~ When I do quick reply it automatically subscribes.

~ I was wondering if I can stop it from subscribing

What I meant above was ,

Posting from Full Reply and going to usercp.php after each post to unsubscrie that thread require same work :) .

You could go into your cp and say dont subscribe me to any threads. that way if you want to be subscribed you would have to do it on your own. instead of every thread being subscribed to automaticly. Just so you know. its in options inside your CP :)

You can click the link near the top of any thread to subscribe or unsubscribe from it. If you go into your control panel, there is an option you must have enabled to automatically subscribe to all threads you post in - just change that to no :)

AJAX comes with vBulletin 3.5 ... we're going to be upgrading in about a month :)

Please unsubscrive me from ALL DaniWeb lists. Thanks,
Ben C. Neal

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.