Hello!
My name is miss Marcy Albert,i want us to be friends i don't know how you will feel about it,please you can write to me (marcyalbert@yahoo.com) i'm sorry if i am embarrassing you, i shall explain all about myself including my pictures. yours in miss Marcy.

Yours in miss Marcy wth??? Is this a spam message from adosa86??

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Yes, it's a scam/spam message. I have banned the member in consideration (even I was one of those members who received the PM) for trying to scam/spam via PM so it should be all good now.

Member Avatar for diafol

She sounds nice. Can you forward her my profile?? :)

What could the spammer actually get from this ... one more email or am I missing something?

It's either a phishing scam (the old dating game one two - he/she sends photos of someone, builds a rapport, asks for money...) or a malware exercise where the photos are actually infected executables.

One thing is for sure, nothing good would come from it and DaniWeb bans all such scammers as soon as they are brought to our attention.

Absolutely bro! PM me and I'll send you some of it! >: D

It's either a phishing scam (the old dating game one two - he/she sends photos of someone, builds a rapport, asks for money...) or a malware exercise where the photos are actually infected executables.

One thing is for sure, nothing good would come from it and DaniWeb bans all such scammers as soon as they are brought to our attention.

That would be an idiotic move. Come on, I'm a developer. And this is a Developers forum. How possible for someone here to fall for that trap. And Plus, Witch please. I'm using Ubuntu Linux. High five anyone?

Member Avatar for diafol

Gulp!

And this is a Developers forum. How possible for someone here to fall for that trap.

Erm...

I got two of 'em! (PMs) I knew one day a random woman would find my profile on DaniWeb attractive! Mom was right, she would like me for me.

I guess better to get a PM from SpamGirl than from WaltP...

Hehe you wouldnt want to know her trust me :D

Hehe you wouldnt want to know her

True. Most especially not in a dark alley.

please you can write to me (marcyalbert@yahoo.com)

If there's any grain of truth to that email address, it's probably a guy named Albert Marcy instead of a woman named Marcy Albert.

Member Avatar for diafol

If there's any grain of truth to that email address, it's probably a guy named Albert Marcy instead of a woman named Marcy Albert.

I'm open-minded :)

This is again one of the stupid ways of spammers out there who want nothing but money from you, when you will contact them they will have some false sob stories with some pictures that are very difficult for a normal person to view..

This is again one of the stupid ways of spammers out there who want nothing but money from you, when you will contact them they will have some false sob stories with some pictures that are very difficult for a normal person to view..

From experience, I assume? :icon_twisted:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.