Just noticed that I was no longer logged in in IE9 after a period of doing nothing, but having the website open? Did something change? I don't store cookies or history or whatever, but this never happened before.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Firstly, we did make a change to cookies about a week ago where everyone was logged out. I started a thread about it apologizing. :) So if you've had your browser open for over a week, then that's the reason why.

Secondly, to prevent against spam, you cannot submit any forms after a few hours of inactivity on the site. That's probably what you're referring to.

It wasn't a few hours, 30 mins tops. Who knows, perhaps one of the Windows updates did something. I'll have to see if it happens at home too. It's minor, am a happy Opera user anyway.

If it was only 30 mins, it has to be some type of one-time glitch. Let me know if it happens again.

It has happened more than once, but I've only noticed this on Win7/IE9 at work. I have to try at home first.

Okay, I cannot reproduce this at home, so I'll dismiss this as a work-related issue.

Does your work use a proxy server? Is your web browser set to clear cookies on exit?

No. And yes, as is the one at home. Anyway, I don't think it should've logged out while the tab was still open.

Do you login with facebook or traditional login?

Traditional.

Closing this, as I've been unable to reproduce the issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.