actually, i deleted my one account on daniweb some time back, but i wana look at the posts ,whatever i have asked, comments by experts here and everything. i know i can see the posts, but i have to go very far away from today so as to look each post. it will be damn easy for me if i have account and i can see very very easily. thanks. it it's request to admins of daniweb if they can do it for me. thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 40 Replies

The simple answer is: you can't. Hence why it states very clearly and in bold "This is an irreversible process. Posts will remain intact. Please make sure you don't want to unsubscribe from our emails instead" right above the 'delete membership' button...

I saw this one coming as soon as Dani gave members the ability to delete their account.

I saw this one coming as soon as Dani gave members the ability to delete their account.

They got the power what they wanted, now they have to deal with the responsibility. I find myself lacking any sympathy at all, especially given how hard we make it to delete an account and how many "this is irreversible" notices they have to click through to make it happen.

Remember that we live in a society that demands we protect people from themselves at the risk of litigation. Note that we apparently do not live in a society that requires (or expects) people to think for themselves or even display a modicum of common sense.

What was the username of your deleted account?

Member Avatar for diafol

This is the same nitin that was stalking WaltP?

Member Avatar for iamthwee

This is the same nitin that was stalking WaltP?

Stalking is such a strong word. I prefer intense research of an individual.

everybody just disliking the post, (laugh out loud,I am curious to know why ). Dani has said me to tell the user name, what wrong i have done in this ? :p do tell me for sure.

@dani, can you please notify me that whether i will get my a/c back or not as i am waiting for ur reply. thanks alot to you all. :-)

nitin1: she actually already replied. read the above replies.
actually, "I want it back" might have been what triggered some of the downvotes:
1. you deleted the account on your free will
2. above was already replied a few times that there is a reason why -when doing so- you get the message:

This is an irreversible process. Posts will remain intact. Please make sure you don't want to unsubscribe from our emails instead

as HappyGeek already pointed out.

can you please notify me that whether i will get my a/c back or not

Sorry, but that account has been deleted and it's been stated multiple times that the process is irreversible. If there was any question about whether you wanted it back, you shouldn't have deleted it.

Yes, i know very conciously that I have deleted account on on my own and with my free will. I admit this thing. yes, I know you have said me that I cant get my a/c back. but still and still, i am very very optimistic guy. i treat u all as very experineced and nice people. that's why i was asking again if i could get my account back. that'set.

@dani no worries, at least u tried, it's enough for me.
@deceptikon no worries, atleast you and other are still there for my help.
@diafol yes, i am THAT nitin who was stalking WatlP
@stultuske thanks! but i was asking again because i am very eager to have my account my a/c back.

@all I have very great expectaions from Daniweb. I am attached with this from 2 years now. and i am loving it from core of heart and will never leave from here never ever! :') (tears of happiness) thanks.

If you simply search on "i_m_rude" you will have all the posts to peruse at your leisure.

but still and still, i am very very optimistic guy.

Think of it as you would when you use a paper shredder to destroy documents. Once shredded there is no way to replace the document (assuming there are no other duplicate copies). You are just SOL.

thanks ancient dragon. i respect u alot. yes true. :( it's okay. you all helped me and tried to help me as best as possible :(

And i am not able to view "all" the posts by i_am_rude by searching it. please check it out., thanks.

@diafol yes, i am THAT nitin who was stalking WatlP

Based on your behaviour the last time around and assuming an undelete was even possible, what could possibly motivate the powers that be to do so?

because we all here, are part of community and some are good and some are bad in it some times. you can think that i was bad at that time and you were good and still good at this time. this thing should motivate you. I can't explain how james sir has changed my behaviour. He has taught me not to include professionalism and feeling in one way. i was worst in my bad times, that doesnt mean i am still that kind of person. sorry for that and thanks to james sir forever. :-)

If you are not giving me back my a/c just because of that past behavipur, then it will demotivate me, and it will not benefit you in anyway. rest depends on you. You will do whatever is best for me. thanks Reverend Jim.

We really simply are unable to recover lost accounts from the database, sorry.

but for future, can't daniweb keep a pointer to lost accounts so that we can get them in any case ? it's okay if currently we don't have this feature, but shouldn't we have it ? thanks Dani. :-)

For most of the past ten years, we had a policy of not deleting member accounts (because to comply with federal regulations, we are required to keep a history of everyone we email in our database to prove opt-in status).

We received many complaints from people saying that they thought it was a privacy threat that they should have the ability to wipe their account clean if they so choose to, and that they didn't want remnants of a long forgotten account permanently on the web. They felt like it was a privacy violation that once an account is created, the account exists for life and there is no way to make it permanently go away.

Therefore, we created the feature about a year ago for members who absolutely, positively no longer want any trace of their account to ever appear or be found anywhere again, and consider it an ethical issue that they are permanently tied to DaniWeb for life.

Therefore, while we still keep the pertinent details required to comply with federal regulations buried deep within our database, member profiles no longer exist, it's no longer possible to pull up a list of information about a particular member, even for moderators, etc. This way, we can make that promise to our community that for those of you who absolutely want your account gone forever, while some of it is still locked away in our database, we guarantee that no trace of it will be found on the web, and even the moderation team can't get in to see your profile anymore.

but for future, can't daniweb keep a pointer to lost accounts so that we can get them in any case ?

If you no longer wish to use your account anymore, you can simply log out, unsubscribe from receiving any emails from DaniWeb, and no longer visit the site. Then your account will be classified as nonactive.

Account deletion is for those people who really have a moral issue with having an account for life in our system, and want to permanently erase absolutely all traces of their account. If it were easy to recover deleted accounts, then they would be no different from what we were doing for the past 10 years that some people had major issues with.

woah! what an explaination! yes! then it is okay that we dont have this feature. hmm. anyways, it doesnt matter much about old accounts because people here can help us more than that old account. i trust daniweb more than any other site or forumn. thanks dani. :D

Member Avatar for iamthwee

but for future, can't daniweb keep a pointer to lost accounts so that we can get them in any case ?

How about for the future you decide to behave yourself, you don't create multiple new accounts and send malicious emails to those you have stalked, then you won't be so embarassed as to even need to delete your account.

Dani is being rather diplomatic because she the CEO and every member is regarded as a valued one. Work on becoming a valued member and you won't go too far wrong.

commented: irrelevant post!! +0

@iamthwee do some useful worok rather than giving pointless and illogical suggestions. if you don't know anything about me, then you don't have the right to make vague points about anyone behaviour.

Dani, being CEO is doing a great and wonderful job, but you as posting genius not. okay ? not knowing the proper meaning of stalking, you are using it blindly. and remember! TIme change evrything and everybody, so as me. so forget everything, and try to live in present rather than making someone remebering his or her past again and again. take care and enjoy your work. and yes! try to be successful man along with valuable man! thanks. :-)

I have bad posting quality because of my past behaviour. it's okay now because i am changed now. but after 6k posts, you still have 68% quality post ? dont u think you also need to work more on yourself ? Do you think u r good enough to judge someone as valuable or not ? good and bye. :-)

do some useful worok rather than giving pointless and illogical suggestions...

He's baaaaack. Didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.