I'm sure everyone would like to join me in welcoming the newest member of the DaniWeb moderating team, and a much deserved appointment it is too:

JorgeM

JorgeM commented: Thank you happygeek! +0

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

My condolences to the new mod. ;)

commented: haha, thanks! +0
commented: Made me giggle xD - Xtrapsp +0

Congrats! But how does a junior poster in training become one? (I'm just curious)

But how does a junior poster in training become one? (I'm just curious)

It's a judgment call amongst the current moderation team. Somebody nominates a member as a moderator to get our attention, then we decide if a new mod is needed and vote on whether to offer an invitation if that's the case.

Anyone can be nominated. However, certain metrics do help in that we can see how the community already views the nominee and how the nominee participates in the community. Metrics that help include post count (ie. activity), solved threads, reputation, and upvote:downvote ratio.

We also (most importantly) look at the nominee's suitability as a moderator, such as maturity, ability to look at situations objectively, and ability to disassociate from emotion when making a decision.

commented: Can't put it any better +0

Welcome Jorge! Oh and don't believe deceptikun; he likes to scare the new mods away. ;)

commented: no worries, I'm not scared easily +0

Welcome to penultimiate power. Bwahahaha. Wait. Did someone mention maturity ;-P

commented: thanks Reverend Jim. Maturity? is that a pre-req? +0

Lol. Thanks. Very glad to be on the team.

[edit]

Congrats! But how does a junior poster in training become one? (I'm just curious)

Thanks, but I'm assuming you ask this because that's what's showing up in my title now... Lol. It looks like my title had changed to this recently.

Omedeto!

commented: Arigatou gozaimasu +0

Congrats! :)

commented: thanks cereal +0

Congrats and welcome Jorge!

commented: I appreciate it Mike. +0

Grats amigo

commented: thanks, appreciated! +0

Congrats Jorge! I am surprised how long it took for them to promote you to a mod! I am normally used to thinking of you as a mod... so.... yeah.

But anyways Congrats!

commented: thanks Michael. much appreciated. +0

Sorry for being late to the party but congrats!!!! :)

commented: Thanks!!!!!!!! +0
commented: *gasp +0

-its not like you've been busy on more important things.

In any case... Thanks Dani, much appreciated for the opportunity.

Aww, I feel left out. Everyone else who wished you congrats got reputation :(

commented: haha, I had dedicated a response in a post just for you. +0
commented: lol +0
Member Avatar for iamthwee

Congratulations JorgeM... Long overdue IMO.

commented: thanks! i appreciate it. +0

Congratulations JorgeM,
make sure you have a good time. :)
Regards.

commented: Thanks Troy III ! +0

haha.. yey!! party time. congo bongo songo songs must be there now. yipee!! yo yo yo!! enjoy!! party hard.. ;)

commented: thanks nitin1. +0
Member Avatar for diafol

Conratulations JorgeM. Thoroughly deserved.

commented: thank you my friend.. +0

Thoroughly deserved.

Obviously... who else would deserve the job (i got a few in mind :D)

I just noticed this, congratulations JorgeM. For some reason I too thought you were a mod already.

commented: thanks stuugie! +0

Same here...

Congrats JorgeM. I just came back to daniweb after 2-3 weeks was busy in my stuff,and i am glad to know that you have become mod. :)

commented: thanks IIM +0

Wow, what a variety of endorsements! Welcome to team JorgeM!

commented: thanks pyTony! +0

Congragulations and welcome

commented: Thank you Samuel Baker...see you around! +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.