There were a couple of style changes today so I want to mention them ...

Firstly, the [inlinecode] tag has been replaced with [icode] to make it easier / quicker to type.
The bug that was making the smiley and font popup menus appear in awkward places in the wysiwyg editor has been fixed.
The wysiwyg editor has been replaced with the standard editor in quick reply to increase the loading speed of the thread pages. If you absolutely MUST use the wysiwyg editor, use the advanced reply, although I don't think it should be necessary just for that.
The watermark behind the editor indicating to use code tags (programming forums) and not to solicit or plug (internet marketing forums) now only shows up with the standard editor mode and not in wysiwyg editor mode. Additionally, it disappears once you click on the editor window.
The Opera browser bug with the Quick Reply box not working has been fixed.
A new link near the bottom of the listing of threads on forum pages now allows you to only show the threads which have been marked as solved. This allows the forum pages to double as a true Knowledge Base of questions and their corresponding solutions.

Happy Halloween!

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Happy Halloween! Dani

I got a issue two times today, the error is i was getting disconnected while in running mode (Auto logout). It happens after i have installed Adobe Flash Plug-ins 9.0 and when i use 'Insert Link' command and post a reply it re-directed me to another site which is in your signature and page shows 'Site is temprarily unavailable' here i could not get back as 'logged in' to DaniWeb.

This is great news. Millions of hugs and kisses :)

What happens to all of the posts with inlinecode tags?

What happens to all of the posts with inlinecode tags?

Nothing -- you can still use inlinecode if you want to.

There were a couple of style changes today so I want to mention them ...
Firstly, the [inlinecode] tag has been replaced with [icode] to make it easier / quicker to type.

Excellent!!!!

The watermark behind the editor indicating to use code tags (programming forums) and not to solicit or plug (internet marketing forums) now only shows up with the standard editor mode and not in wysiwyg editor mode. Additionally, it disappears once you click on the editor window.

Nice, although is hasn't cleared for me. And if it's going to clear, can you make it darker so it's really noticable?

I agree. Make it darker, and then disappear it when editing has started. Put a copy above the window.

So far the background has never cleared for me.

So far the background has never cleared for me.

The background clearing upon clicking on the editor window is a JavaScript enhancement, which you have disabled in your member profile.

Disabling Javascript enhancements via the member profile is really supposed to be reserved for those people browsing DaniWeb on PDAs, with very slow computers, or dial-up Internet access, where JavaScript functionality can cause potential problems. Therefore, we provide the option of disabling non-critical functionality that's been enhanced by the use of JavaScript for the sake of portability and being able to downgrade nicely to PDA and legacy browsers.

i am now a happy forum guru, i see one of my suggestion has beed done, nice going dani, i have a lot more suggestion that can improve this forum, all the best and keep up the great sorry scratch that excellent work

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Awesome changes....Thanks Dani

I notice BIGGER TEXT today!!

I love this site :)

Yeah we had bigger text awhile ago but apparently it somehow got lost during a vBulletin upgrade and I forgot to put it back.

nice improvement, the page number are easier to click on

u r welcome your highness,,,

Yeah we had bigger text awhile ago but apparently it somehow got lost during a vBulletin upgrade and I forgot to put it back.

No wonder my Ctrl+- reflex started to kick in today... it was uncomfortably large on my 1280x800, made for too much scrolling. Can we shrink it back a little or have it be a setting? Otherwise I'll look into getting a FF extension to restyle it...

Just give it a day or so to get readjusted to. It used to be this font size for months and months and got accidentally shrunk for a little bit during a vBulletin upgrade.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.