My name is Keith and I'm definitely new to communicating on a social or personal level but I guess it would be the right thing to do seeing that I read everyone's posts and get information I need and stay silent in the backdrop.

Well, first and foremost I love computers. I am a (I think so) pretty good C/C++ programmer (native win32/64). I've been doing it for 14 years (on and off). It started as a hobby and I always said that if I pursued it as a carreer it would cease to satisfy me. I've written quite a few simple 'helper' programs and a couple of cheesy games. One was a game I wanted to create since I was 10 years old on my Commodore VIC20:D yeah right. Oh I forgot, I learned BASIC when I was 9 or 10 years old. This is why I loathe Visual Basic or any adaption thereof. Please don't take offense VB programmers (I know it is a fairly powerful language--no C++ but hey...) but I think of VB as a little kids language just because of my history with it.

I get sentimental when I here of Borland's Turbo C++ because it was my first compiler back in '96. my dad bought it for me used for $30. It came with a Windows version and a Dos ver. I sold the windows version and got to work learning C in a 16 bit Dos environment. I wanted to create 3D first person shooters. I made an engine that allowed a user to walk through a maze--it was flawed. I actually tried to adapt it last year in a 32bit Windows environment using GDI--it worked but would throw exceptions at certain points that told me I needed a whole new approach.

Digression anyone? Back to my intro...

Music: Hip Hop, Rock, Classic Rock, Metal (80s 'hair' bands), Classical (I LOVE classical music especially piano based sonatas and the like), Beethoven:*, Bach and Mozart are okay. I dislike country but I try to not because ALL music is great whether it sucks or not. Imagine the world without music:scared:

Relationship Status: single; which is good for now I'm so focused right now on improving myself and school (well preparing for spring when I actually go)

Hair: Dark Brown I'm growing it long I usually keep a tight neat fade and slick my hair but I'm changing from the outside as well I guess
eyes: Brown and green (not hazel they turn color)
height: 5'8"
weight: 190

Hobbies: besides anything to do with computers--reading (Stephen King, Clive Barker, Sun Tsu, Machiavelli, Homer, How-to titles, etc........), philosophy(discussing it with others and also listening to others as well) philosophy of religions and extremists, working out and running though I have to be honest I've been out of the gym for two years since mine closed; I need to get back...
I love physics, astronomy, mathematics, metaphysics, cryptozoology, I could go on forever

I love to laugh and be happy I try to look at the bright side of things. I really made life difficult in my early years. Formally I have a seventh grade education but I am self taught and very learned. I write poetry and absorb literature especially the classics. I learned trigonometry from a book when I wrote a copy of Atari's "Asteroids". I needed to rotate the ship and the asteroids and plot trajectories. I dropped out of school and received my GED with honors--that's funny to me but I studied hard and my grade was 3760 out of a possible 4000 (2250 is passing) Not bad for an eighth-grade dropout.

I'm going to college this spring, I'm working towards a degree in computer programming. If I can do it anyone can.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi Keith, nice to meet you :)

Hi, nice to me you too.

Hello Keith, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

Welcome Keith, from a VB poster.LOL. Enjoy your stay with us.

Hey thanks, I knew I was bound to "touch" at least one of you guys.:D

Welcome Keith, from a VB poster.LOL. Enjoy your stay with us.

Thanks a lot, glad to be here.

Hello Keith, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.