I'm just as the name says an outdated tech. I switched a couple of years ago from refurbrishing computers to wiring infrastructure. We called it being wire monkeys. That's all I've done for about two years now. Then a big shift back into PC's. When I was rebuilding machines I was required to use Linux. The machines weren't new then either and had a lot of problems. It was my job to make sure they worked and were set up for the new users. Now I'm setting up machines again but this time with XP. It's a little easier but I'm playing catch up. My peers get a good laugh cause I don't know all the short cuts with XP. That's ok though I'm learning and will eventually get it all straightened out. Anyone else out there who's got a similar background?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi there. Welcome to DaniWeb from someone who does a little of everything and a lot of nothing.

welcome to DaniWeb!

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Welcome !

Welcome!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.