People that return the gift you gave them...

What are the most annoying things people around you do?

One of my pet peeves:
Some "know it all" old timer treats you like a little kid, just because you are young and he/she is not too bright.

some "know-it-all" kid treats you like an old timer, just because you're older than them, and they saw something on a video game or internet that you experienced in real life... touche'

just havin some fun... but really overly intellectuals are probably the most annoying, you know the one... they guy that has to one up your smart comment all the time, or use a bigger word than you did, just to prove he's smart... here's one smarty... Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis ... now one up that

You are right! When you are young it's an old-timer that pesters you, and when you are old it's a young-timer.

Superpneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

hmmm... I'll have to see if that one's in the dictionary... LOL... but the most annoying by far is grossly obese people in thongs... those were not intended to show off cellulite... j/k thought I'd leave you with a lasting mental image of that though...

but really... I think the most annoying (for me anyway) are political or religous "soap-boxers" (like my father) that will preach and preach about something that you really don't care about, even knowing that you don't give a rat's a.. about it.

My point: make sure your audience fits the speach you intend on stepping up on your soap box to give... otherwise you're wasting your time as well as theirs... and everyone leaves empty, annoyed and gassy

Code games so hard you can't even make it through the tutorial...

If your doing a Suduku and you have to go right back to the start cause you put a number in the wrong place. That's what annoys me.
Also Un-polite who don't say thank you if you hold a door for them.

People who drive with their fog lights on, when it's perfectly clear, day and night.

(In the USA, I think the salesman shows the new owner where the switch is, and then it is promptly forgotten, never to be turned off for the life of the car.)

Flatulent people, particularly in the elevator. Then they look at you, like you were the offending party.

People who talk about global warming on a hot day, but on a cold day they ignore the subject.

People that say "God bless you!" all the time, like they had any control over this.

commented: It's a request, not a command, intended to benefit you. -2

Guys who hang out with your girlfriend all the time, sort of effeminate, but you have a sneaky suspicion that he crushes on her and badmouths you...

People that are always jealous.

Hypocrites.

ESPECIALLY this scenario:

"Don't talk with your mouth full!" she says with her mouth full.

--The Comodore

commented: I heard that too +2

>it's always in the last place you look

I always look in just one more place after finding something just to prove people wrong.

lmao sk8, that's a good idea XD

People who use the phrase "I told you so" when in fact they didn't.

When I come home and my cousin eats off my jerk chicken & drinks my bottle of whisky!

I can understand your pain there. I've had that happen to me. sheeesh

People who leave doors open when they creak... also people who eat noisly for some reason.

Supervisors/managers who are clueless about stuff and ask you...but then they take all the credit for it

Supervisors/managers who are clueless about stuff and ask you...but then they take all the credit for it

I thought that was normal, all part of the job. An incentive for you to strive to become a manager too.

sneekula...I wouldn't have mind the 30,000USD bonus he got after expounding on my idea...

sneekula...I wouldn't have mind the 30,000USD bonus he got after expounding on my idea...

I am quite sure he will share it with you, if you only ask. Good luck in your new job then.

People that eat with their mouth open.

people who don't flush the toilet -- gross!

"How to make MMORPG game? I have a very great MMORPG game idea."

"How to make MMORPG game? I have a very great MMORPG game idea."

How is that annoying?

I believe that to be spam.

Or maybe intended to post elsewhere...he aint usually do that.

In my case, Team mates who are clueless about stuff and ask you...but then they take all the credit for it...

A supervisor who can't remember from one day to the next what he told everyone in a meeting. We started tape recording the meetings so that he couldn't deny what he said.

In a similar case was a female supervisor that constantly asked the childish question why. No matter what you tell her she will want to know why. At one point I got so fed up I simply replyed Because, that's why!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.