Well, I would invest half of the money in shares/bank and donate the other half to animal welfare and human welfare(somalian kids).

animal welfare: conferences for people who don't like fur coats and leather shoes.
and why always "poor black kids in Africa"? Why not start close to home.

90%+ of all money donated to charity (especially Big Charity) is wasted. It never reaches those it's intended to reach, instead being used for self-enrichment of people in the charity corporations.
Those "conferences" are really paid vacations, which is why they're all in exotic places on luxury resorts.

animal welfare: conferences for people who don't like fur coats and leather shoes.

Nope. There are associations like CUPA, which provide shelter and food for stray animals.

and why always "poor black kids in Africa"? Why not start close to home.

This picture is the reason I want to help those African kids. Maybe there are kids here who starve to death. But, I am sure, the condition here is not as worse as in Africa. But anyway, Its a personal choice.

90%+ of all money donated to charity (especially Big Charity) is wasted. It never reaches those it's intended to reach, instead being used for self-enrichment of people in the charity corporations.
Those "conferences" are really paid vacations, which is why they're all in exotic places on luxury resorts.

I agree.

Who's offering WHAT??????
Will decide when all those millions are stacked in the tank.......

I would build the world's largest bar.

You are talking my kind of language. Keep it up. Can we invest in this bar????

Just make a bar boat, and sail it out into international waters, and you can sell beer to anyone and everyone!

I'd go to Ene's bar. :)

Ancient Dragon, NOW YOU'RE TALKING. We don't even have the bar yet and it looks like we are fully booked!!!!!!!!

i would build a software development house...it my dreams...:P

hehe...this my dream too.:) but i liked to invest like Sulley's Boo.

I would invent, or rather fund the invention of, lake bass. They probably exist already so I'd promote their numbers. I'm sick of people eating "Sea Bass".

Ancient Dragon, NOW YOU'RE TALKING. We don't even have the bar yet and it looks like we are fully booked!!!!!!!!

What are you talking about? It's the world's largest bar...

I would buy Daniweb - I would pay Dani to run daniweb of course ;)

I would also have a money room (a few million in cash for me to roll around in)

I would be very eccentric e.g have a gold toilet

Fund a research to cure AIDS...

i doubt we will ever find a cure.

i doubt we will ever find a cure.

You never know!

aids is an oddity. Due to the nature of its action any aids cure would have serious side effects e.g death

Who had imagined of planes and high speed trains in 12th century ? But it eventually happened. So, you can't say there won't be a cure for AIDS. People are doing all sorta research these days and I am sure they will succeed one day.

aids:

a) uses the bodys own defences against it

b) its not aids that actually kills you, its things like TB that get you, because you have no immune system

c) it hides itself in the cell in such a way that if it were to be remove by enzyme action, sever cell damage would occur

d) it afftects a LOT of cells, no way all of them can be treated

e) HIV can lie dormant for like 10 years without symnptoms. By the time you notice its too late and you have AIDS.

Its highly unlikely they will ever discover an AIDS cure but an HIV vaccine is a real possibility.

Well there could be nano robots (nanobots as they are know in the industry) that could easily fit into the blood streams and could possibly heal the cells infected/ destroy the virus in the first place. Although this method is a may off yet, about in 2040 they expect to have the first ones made.

the virus lives in vesicles in the white blood cells which contain digestive enzymes.

Rupturing these would cause death and they would digest any nanorobots

i want to develop my country so i'll get to build a technology terminal.in this terminal include many knowledge to learn, and the biggest is absolutely the computer sector. anyone can learn here cause its free...:)

I wouldn't say cure for aids can never be found. You never know how the technology can change and improve. A new cure may be developed to nullify the effect of those viruses(aids), immune the body and do a lot of other things. I am not saying this will happen today/tomorrow/after a week, but it will happen some day. Yes, I am (over)optimistic.

commented: it's nice to see someone who is over optimistic...but it could kill...hehehe +2

As long as the researchers are eager to find the cure, there will be. If they keep pushing the limits, that would be a very good sign. Like we do in developing systems. We consider different possibilities and different solutions to a certain problem. And as that problem evolves, we see different options (a lot of it) some of it, we just ignore. As long as they have lots and lots of resources, who knows? They might be able to create anti body that could maintain balance in the patient's system and could somehow cure the disease, virus, doobeedoobeedoo, blah blah blahs... whatever you'd want to call that. :)

i thonk the best prevention is to take precautions and educate people

I would buy a fancy house on the West coast, more or less a compound like the Bill Gates estate, for me and all my best friends to stay, study and of course party.

My dad wants to revive McHale's Navy in an Iran war setting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.