Yeah, Wright

Obama did, finally, denounce these comments specifically. But what particularly angered him was the suggestion that Obama is insincere. Well, we all know the real enemy is cynicism!

So, was Obama sincere? Did he spent 20 years as an intimate of Wright and a parishioner of his church without ever having an inkling that the guy is a wacko hatemonger?

If so, can you think of anything more terrifying than sending such a naïf to the White House while there's a war on?

:icon_razz:

Who would have ever imagined that John McCain will the best choice come this November.

Maybe the US is destined to waste itself away in endless wars, just like the Roman Empire did? If that is our destiny then John McCain is the best choice.

I like the tale one of the morning radio guys tells. He had a brain tumor. He's doing fine. A relative of his in the UK had a similar thing. He was told to either go to the US for treatment, or go home and be comfortable until he dies. He passed away a while back.

I haven't been able to find the audio clip I'm thinking of, and neither could the show's producer (after I'd emailed an inquiry).

I've been looking the last few days but haven't been able to find it. On the bright side however, Dan mentioned the situation again this morning during the 5AM hour. Check out today's podcast and you should find it! Thanks very much for listening.

It's mentioned briefly about the 1:45 mark.

On its own it doesn't say as much as the "original". If I find that one, I'll post a link.

[edit]Ah. He mentions it again at about 27:30(?).

Who would have ever imagined that John McCain will the best choice come this November.

Whoever raises the most money wins. There are exceptions but very few. It appears that the Democrats are spending their money in the primary. So if McCain comes up with a right-wing vice presidential candidate and can tap the very deep right-wing pockets, who knows. McCain is no dummy. When it comes to politics, he's been successful for a long time.

Did anyone else notice that McCain just barely got 54% of the Repube primary votes in Ohio even though, technically, no one was running against him?! Does this bode well?

I don't want ANY of the remaining candidates. All of them are promising things that will make basic living expenses cost even more.

Our economic problems are caused by too much government.

National health care for everyone will cost you Trillions. Thankfully I'm pretty much out of the job market now, but you all are going to be paying through the nose for that. The result will be either 1) skyrocking taxes or 2) reduced medical care for everyone. If you think medicare fraud is bad, just want and see what national health care will get you.

Did anyone else notice that McCain just barely got 54% of the Repube primary votes in Ohio even though, technically, no one was running against him?! Does this bode well?

The Conserves are conserving their vote for the real thing. Obama bashing is more important right now!

i think americas support for israel is wrong.

i think americas support for israel is wrong.

why? After WWI it was UK who had control of the Jewish immegration.. So I suppose today's situation is all UK's fault :)

After the end of World War II, The British Labour Party won the elections in Britain with a manifesto which included a promise to create a Jewish state in Palestine and rescind the 1939 White Paper. However the Labour Foreign Minister, Ernest Bevin, decided to persist with existing policy, due to the continued importance of cordial Anglo-Arab relations to British strategic concerns throughout the region.

Well, the Jewish people needed a home state after suffering many centuries of persecution in countries like Italy, Spain, Russia and Germany. So, their original home came to mind.

I admit, the Arabs got a raw deal, but then they are a strange lot to deal with.

thats my point. I dont think the usa shold give military aid to a state which is highly unstable and has nuclear weapons.

Actually, I don't think USA should be giving military aid to anyone at all. Bring all our military home from around the world and let everyone fight their own battles. We are not (or should not be) the world police. This planet got along just fine for thousands of years without the USA.

Actually, I don't think USA should be giving military aid to anyone at all. Bring all our military home from around the world and let everyone fight their own battles. We are not (or should not be) the world police. This planet got along just fine for thousands of years without the USA.

Wishful thinking AD! In the old days when battles were fought on foot or on horse, distance helped to separate us from the silly folks that did the fighting. Now with rockets and weapons of mass destruction readily at hand, you need a world policeman. You don't need some trigger-happy cowboy or cowgirl to play the role, but a person that can make sense to the parties involved.

obama

obama

Popeye

Since we're currently between major scandals in the US race, how about some interim talk from the UK?

Heh. That's a good title, "London falls as Gordon Brown bloodied in May Day election massacre". Did Obama win by seven votes!?

Did Obama win by seven votes!?

In Gaum caucases, yes. Considering they only had about 5,000 votes total it isn't much of an achievement.

Results of the count completed Sunday morning Guam time show Obama with 2,264 votes to 2,257 for Clinton's slate

I listened to Johnson's speech -- very funny man. He promised to build 50,000 public homes. We tried that in USA too and it was a disman failure. The homes were turned into slums in very quick time.

>> it isn't much of an achievement.
Just goes to show that every vote counts. I can imagine a few anti-Obama people wishing they had turned up now though. Not something you hear every day. Who cares about the scale of it.

I listened to Johnson's speech -- very funny man. He promised to build 50,000 public homes. We tried that in USA too and it was a disman failure. The homes were turned into slums in very quick time.

However, in the USA it was the federal government that did this, and we all know they can't do anything right. I think it is mainly because all the politicos involved (plus friends and relatives) have their hand in the till. On a lighter note, you are correct JB, great hair!

Yeah everyone always takes the mickey out of him lol.

and yeah, we need homes. House prices in the UK are sky high and people cant afford to buy them. However, theres simply not that much room (loads have been built in areas which flood)

ignore post

ignore post

I ignored it, so what now?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.