Hi I am unable to open WMV fully. I can get sound but no picture. I have windows media player 7.,but cannot find an up date for it. Every thing seems to be for MacX, Any suggestions. Thanks Norm.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

there is no newer version for the mac

there is no newer version for the mac

Thank you for your reply just as I thought. Regards Norm.

I'm not sure about OS 9, but there is a program available that runs as an extension to QuickTime called Flip4Mac. It's free (to download at least. It might be shareware?). I don't have any problems playing WMVs. I have OS X though, so I'm not sure if they make an OS 9 version.

I'm not sure about OS 9, but there is a program available that runs as an extension to QuickTime called Flip4Mac. It's free (to download at least. It might be shareware?). I don't have any problems playing WMVs. I have OS X though, so I'm not sure if they make an OS 9 version.

Flip4Mac requires Mac OS 10.3.9 or later. It's also worth noting that Windows Media Player 9 is available, but this too requires OS X. Version 7 is about the only way to get Windows Media Player on OS 9.

Thank you Bondo for your reply. You are right there is no up date for O/S.9 only for X Norm.

Thanks Joe. W.M.Player 7 is all that you can get for Mac O/S 9 Norm.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.