Hi,
I would like to know what are some of the benefits of using C# vs C++ (MFC) specifically regarding developing GUI's. I've heard that it offers the ease of creating gui's that visual basic has offered developers for years, but I would like to know what specifically is more "easier" in C#? I've developed GUI's using MFC for many years, and at a first glance at C# GUI toolbox it looked pretty similar to what i've been used to and didn't find anything that is much different.

Any help and pointers from the experts out here would be greatly appericated.

Thanks

It will resemble MFC, but from what I understand MFC is very clunky and complex to use. C# is a newer technology and has things built in that make development much quicker and easier.

Also, C# is going to make use of WPF pretty soon, although, who is to say that C++ .NET can't. Anyhow, if you use MFC, why not use VC++.NET if you're comfortable in that language/environment?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.