Apparently not.

and Y?

commented: grrr -1
commented: 90% of your posts are not in proper english. "u" and "y?" are not acceptable and are against the rules (they confuse foreigners, hell - it even confuses me and I live in England. Please stop) . Warned. -6

I started in 1998.
6 months: Fortran 77 in unix
6 months: Pascal
6 months: Ansi C
And at 2003 I started java and I've being doing it ever since

He he.. just to think of this makes me nostalgic.. :icon_smile:

I wrote my first one in 1990 I think, I was so happy to see that perfect circle I made using circle() in BASIC. I also made squares and lines and rectangles but somehow circle was my favorite. :icon_lol:

Then took a break of 7 years till I was in my 2nd year of engineering when I started C with Turbo C and MS DOS 4.x on a 186. We used to fix half the compiler errors before the compiler managed to compile the rest and report all the errors. :icon_cool: But at least it taught us not to miss a semicolon.

1997 and enter (to steal AD's phrase) the lightning fast 386s, but the seniors won't let us juniors near those. But soon we became seniors.. :icon_twisted:

Then came that sad day when we installed first Microsoft Windows 3.0 on one of the lab PCs. We thought we did great favor to the collage, not knowing that we helped Bill's evil desires of world dominance. :'(

In the final year came the season of campus interviews. First company rejected me (thank god now that I think of it) because I suggested use of 8 printf() when they asked me to print a 8x8 unit matrix. :icon_idea:.

But I got a job anyway, and did C, C++, Java, Shell, Perl, VB,... for 8 years, still in the same company ! But in the latest round of promotions I became what we used to (as developers) refer to as "non-contributing entities".. and so I came to daniweb to the old kicks.. :icon_razz:

Edward started programming in 2001 with C++.

last five years i was doing these!!!!!!!!!

- Started with Pascal in 2003 for 6 months
- Visual Basic from 2004 until now..
- C and Matlab for 6 months,
- C++ for 6 Months,
- Java for 6 months,
- VB.Net And ASP.Net in last 2 years until now...
- And this year i learning for C#.net, Delphi, PHP and Ruby.
Do all with Access, SqlServer, MySql and Oracle.

Nice repertoire you have there Jx_Man!

thx but i just can do much vb...
Actually a really interested with C#.
hmm..your avatar, what it is??

Ahhh I get that question a lot, Its a Fuchikoma from Ghost in the Shell Stand alone Complex! Cool eh ?

I started 'programming' when I was in my 3th year of secondary school (don't know how it is called in england). I wasn't that good in remembering formula's for physics classes, so I wrote a program on my calculator that would let me select what I needed, what variable I was missing and then gave the result + formula.
From that moment I knew that programming would be my future :p.

Still a future that needs work though. I'm now programming for three years. I've started with c++, but I didn't really like that. I've switched to java, c#, php etc in the years after that.
My favourite langauge until now is java.

What would you consider an experianced programmer?

Every programmer who can be called a programmer is experienced with something. Edward would call a programmer experienced in a specific area if he's worked on more than one project focused on that area that isn't trivial. Demos, test programs, and toy programs would be trivial in this case.

>>What would you consider an experianced programmer?

My answer would be someone who knows his math and can see the thin line between programming and mathematics.

What would you consider an experianced programmer?

Someone who no longer has to ask that question.
When you have done some programming at school you're NOT an experienced programmer.

When you've done it full time as a job for 5 years you probably are.

Basic: 30 years
Assembly: 23 years
C: 18 years
C++: 10 years

I started on a weird HP machine which had a tiny printer for output instead of a screen. I was 13 at that time. Next came the C64. I continued with Basic and later moved on to Assembly. In the late 80's I got to work with PC's, though it took a while before I started programming on them. I never used basic on PC's but moved to C instead. Only in 1998 I started programming for Windows, for which I used C++.

This is fascinating! Blows my mind how many computer languages there are out there!

I started programming in 1978, while still in college. At that time, an MIS major was called "Data Processing for Business". Does that date me a bit? In my sophomore year, I was hired to develop and write a system to calculate the local economic indicators for a professor in the Economics Department. That was my first professional job, although I was paid minimum wage for it.

4 years now
begin c++ console programming for 18 month
c# for 1 month simple programs
java one year make some apllications
feel to learn more and more

Basic: 30 years
Assembly: 23 years
C: 18 years
C++: 10 years

I started on a weird HP machine which had a tiny printer for output instead of a screen. I was 13 at that time. Next came the C64. I continued with Basic and later moved on to Assembly. In the late 80's I got to work with PC's, though it took a while before I started programming on them. I never used basic on PC's but moved to C instead. Only in 1998 I started programming for Windows, for which I used C++.

hneel seems to be the most experience programmer at DW :) any competitor ?

Serious on the Job programming since a Couple of years now,
Java is my main bread and butter getter,
I had done basics in C/C++ in college and loved it. Now I am luckily working on creating real world applications using it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.