I need some advice concerning the hosting of an IIS web-based application that uses a back-end SQL 2005 database. This application will be rolled out to 200+ users and I don't have the bandwidth or the technical support staff to support the hardware on a 24/7 basis. I have contacted Datapipe and they want $1620/month to host two servers (web, database) and provide 24/7 support. Is this about right for hosting on dedicated servers with 24/7 technical support? Their support includes a team of engineers and a DBA and they guarantee100% network availability. Am I headed in the right direction?

To run 2 dedicated servers that is about right. it really boils down to, is it worth it to you to keep your servers up and running? If a server goes down untill you can fix it will it really affect your buisness? if you will be loosing more than $1600 a month if a server goes down than it's worth it. if not i would say take care of it yourself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.