what are the security available options for
1.Static IP connection
2.Dynamic IP connection
to prevent for Spyware,adware,virus,other security related issues ?
Is it firewall is enough for all this ? if so what kind of firewal to use to protect my softwares secure my pc while i am connected to internet.
Pls give detail explanations with all options available.

dotnetguy

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

As long you only worried about your pc being protected while you online then proper firewall is what you need. There are many companies offering firewall or anti-virus firewall solutions and it is realy up to you to choose from. You can go for freebies like AVG or pay for solution from companies like F-Secure or Kaspersky.
Personaly I have Internet Security (combination of anti-virus and frewall) from F-Secure for last 3 years and had none of the troubles. Time to time there will pop up message somebody tries to breach security (you can always disable them) but that is how far they ever get.
Also you can subscribe to http://www.virusbtn.com and create your own opinion of best solution for you

what are the security available options for
1.Static IP connection
2.Dynamic IP connection

your question makes no sense at all

That would be dynamic and static IP, just use common sence

well, i suppose an ISP who randomly asigned new IP adresses by DHCP would be slightly more secure as it would be harder to track you. Same sort of principle as changing your telephone number.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.