Ok so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here, but how is a site developed so that it may be modified online?
By this I mean so a client can say click on a hotspot, log in and amend the content of a page, or add/remove an attachment, but not alter the structure in any way?
I know the answer to this is not going to be a simple one liner, but I would really appreciate any assistance anyone could give me - or even a good resource.
Thanks in advance :)

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Fungus1487

how about using something like PcAnywhere or Hummingbird ?

That's for remote accessing a computer is it not? I'm only looking for a solution that allows for editing of web pages directly - I could be missing something here though, sorry if I'm being dense?

>>That's for remote accessing a computer is it not?

>>I'm only looking for a solution that allows for editing of web pages directly
>>By this I mean so a client can say click on a hotspot, log in and amend the content of a page
You have to do that on the client's computer. I guess you could do the actualy work on your local computer then use PcAnywhere to log into the client's computer and transfer the file(s) there. Unless the client has a way setup so that you can log onto his computer via web url. Then you could upload the file(s) to his computer via web.

if you used a server side language such as php/asp.net you could generate content based on say what a client has stored in a database.

this is how most heavy client edited sites work that i have worked on due to them not having to have any experience with the actual code behind.

if you used a server side language such as php/asp.net you could generate content based on say what a client has stored in a database.

this is how most heavy client edited sites work that i have worked on due to them not having to have any experience with the actual code behind.

Thanks heaps for the advice, I've not learnt quite enough php/asp as yet so I'm still a lil too green for the task . . but in time I will get it down ><

ive never used contribute or cushy cms but they look ideal approaches for small sites requiring simple content to be updated. Im intrigued and may look into it.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.