Member Avatar for swa_p_nil

Hi

I want to develop a online multiplayer game like Poker where anyone from anyone can login and play the game. Its like server client interactive game. I am confused on the software requirements. I mean what should I use and what not? Can anyone suggest what to use? Any suggestions on the development are also welcome.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Seeing as its not going to be something where speed is hugely important (e.g a 3D shooting game) you have a lot greater choice (you could use java, .net, whatever) whereas if speed was important you would be limited to something like C++.

I made a blackjack game once that could be played across a network. It was written in VB.NET (.NET is quite good for networking)

Java might be quite a good idea. I dont know how good its networking is but java is croos-platform so it can be run on OSX, Linux etc... too

Member Avatar for swa_p_nil

Hi

You said u have written a blackjack game code using dot net. Is there any way I can see it? Can you send me the code or place it here..

I based it on a winsock tutorial i found

I think you should contact some sites like pokerplaying online.com so that you can get idea how to make such kinda sites ....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.