Hi, Ive bought a DVD film but I find it is generally too dark to watch. Yes I know some of the scenes are set at night and underground but for some unknown reason the director thought it would be a good idea if we couldn't see what was going on.

Is there any software that will lighten the DVD picture without effecting the sound or chapters etc. I tried a video editing programme and although it allowed me to brighten the video and adjust contrast etc, it also changed the sound from 5.1 to 2.0 stereo. It also lost the chapters.

I know when I save the copy I will have to reduce the quality to fit onto a DVD-R but I'm happy with that if I can make the video watchable.
cheers.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sounds like you just need to adjust the settings/preferences in your DVD editing software. Resampling from 5.1 to 2.0 is common when compressing DVD movies, as well as ditching chapters. Also make sure you're not converting to a format that does not support 5.1. So, check all settings and output formats.

Sounds like you just need to adjust the settings/preferences in your DVD editing software. Resampling from 5.1 to 2.0 is common when compressing DVD movies, as well as ditching chapters. Also make sure you're not converting to a format that does not support 5.1. So, check all settings and output formats.

Hi, the options in the editing software were only to choose the format to convert the DVD film to (ie, mpg,avai etc) and different bit rates for the audio. I chose to save the files back to .vob but it always converted the sound as well, there was no option to prevent this. that is why I was asking if any one knew of any other software that would allow me to edit the video without changing anything else.
Cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.