Hi all of my friends,

I have some burning DVD files problems, hope someone can give me some hints and help me out. Thank you so much!
I have never burned a DVD files before, I don't know if that is my own problems or the software problems, I just couldn't burn a DVD disc.
First, I tried to burn from disc to disc (a video), it came out message saying the capacity is not enough for the volume, asked me to put another disc in. It was only a movie in the disc, shouldn't be that big. While the orginal can hold that much, why can't the new disc hold the same thing.
And I tried to burn some smaller video files, each of them about 600 to 700 MB, I put about 6 of them and total about 4000 GB (one DVD disc hold 4.7 GB), when I start to burn, I got the message saying "DVD video files reallocation failed, the result will not be able for playale" so I tried to re number them in order, but it gave another message saying VTS_01_2.IFO is not requested. I brought a DVD burner but can not burn any disc at all, quite dissapointed. Can anyone teach me how to burn DVD video files espcially few files at once. I have to mention that my files are VOB files. Thank you soooooo.....much.

Mint

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

What software you using, try usingn ero. Inever had any problems, nor my friend's.

Hi, thank you for your respond. I am using nero startsmart. Can you tell me how do I make the menu to burn several video files at one disc. I have tried to put in different folder to avoid the error message saying the VTS_01_0.BUP.....IFO....ect is duplicated from the others. This time burned fine, but when I play it in the DVD player, it can only play one chapter. I couldn't go in to the next chapter. I think I need to do the menu for it. Am I right? Please help me step by step. thank you.

My problem is I just want to burn VOB/AVI files and make movie selection menu with it. In oder words when I set inn a DVD media (with 6 VOB/AVI files on it) in DVD player, movie selection menu comes automatically up.

It should look like:

1. filename 1
2. filename 2
3. filename 3
4. filename 4

So it wold be possible to choose VOB/AVI file I want to play :D . Something like autorun menu for DVDs. Please tell me how to do it. thanks

As to a copy of a prerecorded DVD not working, there's nothing mysterious in that.
You're not supposed to copy them and many have all kinds of protection systems including data contained in tracks that can be read by computer players but not written to (thus effectively given the prerecorded DVD a greater capacity than the blank one), realtime compression (which again you can't usually do with your own writer to the same effect), etc. etc..

hey i recently started to burn dvd's and the dvd works on my computer, but every time i burn it onto a disc and try to play it on my DVD player it says unkown disc...what do i do?

Hey everyone, I have been having problems with dvd burning for a while now. the setup I have is a lite on 16X max dvd r/rw. and I am running nero 7 ultra edition. what happens is, i am trying to make a dvd of some music videos that I have on my pc so I can play them at car shows in my car. I add all the content to the list of files to be burned for a dvd video, i set up all my chapters and then burn the disc. no errors are recoarded during the process, however when i try to play the dvd, the first 2 videos play fine, but halfway through the third, it starts messing up and then becomes unreadable past that point. it happens both in any dvd player i put it in and also in my pc. I have tried burning the same disc many times over using all different types of blank dvds and still the same effect.

Anyone with any ideas????

I have a problem might someone may help me. Since last week i had a problem when i burning. it takes me a long time sometimes more than an hour and mostly have disk failed! Can some body help me please???

Hi bramu and welcome to Daniweb.

What DVD Burner do you have? What blank DVD's are you using? What software are you using? What errors do you get when you try to burn?

Hi daniweb,
Iam using Nero
DvD Fortis
Dvd burner Sony 16x
Anyway i had been using same things for 2 years without any problem since last month.
from last month burning takes more than an hour or buning failed
thank you

I use Aimersoft DVD Creator, it can convert all popular video formats (AVI, MP4, MPG, MPEG, 3GP, WMV, ASF, RM, RMVB, DAT, MOV, FLV, etc) to DVD and burn DVD movie played on portable and home DVD players, just work like a charm, you may try it, and can free download it from its official site:
http://www.aimersoft.com/dvd-creator.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.