Hi,

I'm a database and MIS expert now in semi retirement, been in the industry since early eighties.

I now have time to enjoy all the new technologies and finding ways to make productive use of them. I have a couple of pet projects that are slated for commercial debuts later this year that I might share with the community.

I have also taken on the task of developing / improving a website and other IT systems for a political party here in the Caribbean where I'm now resident. Yes, I do really sit on the beach with a laptop and GPRS connection uploading code to a web server in some distant land.

My career has been almost entirely in the private sector so building a platform for a political party should be interesting to say the least. I've also volunteered to assist them in creating an IT strategy for government that includes making the island (about 2,000 sq. miles) one giant hotspot. Lots to talk about for anyone interested.

ict_cop

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Welcome to DaniWeb

>>Yes, I do really sit on the beach with a laptop and GPRS connection uploading code to a web server in some distant land

:* :*:* You must have everyone's dream job

Glad to have you here!

Hi there,
Yes lots to talk about, indeed!
Welcome here, by the way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.