Hi everyone! I am over my head in this forum which is my first. I am retired living in Mexico (from the U.S.) and have a computer problem. I am trying to solve why my HP Slimline s3100n computer seems to overheat and shut down every 2 minutes when it does an AVG virus check. It also shuts down even when it is doing nothing.

I got on the net and ended up with this site. I do not completely understand all of the rules of the forum - too old I guess. And, to be honest, my main objective is to find some information that can help me lower my frustrations. I am a computer illiterate who is trying to solve a problem.

I will now try to search Daniweb to see if I can find more information about my specific problem. I did find the person who found out it was his Power Supply? I have taken my computer to a local shop in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and he is unable to solve my problem.

Sorry for rambling on, but this is why I am writing. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Ken

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi Ken,

Constant rebooting can either be a power supply issue or a fan/heatsink problem. You dont say which OS you are using but this forum is the one you might be after... http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum123.html Good Luck!

Welcome to daniweb! :)

Glad to have you here! Hope you'll enjoy it.

Hi Ken,
Welcome.
Feel free to post your question in the appropriate forum here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.