Hi all,

Can anybody suggest to me a compelling reason to use any of the programming languages [C,C++ and Java]. Under what circumstances would you use one over the other.
I am developing an application that will run on mobile device and for this I am wondering which one will be better.
Regards
Priya

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

> an application
Gee, that's vague.

I think the choice would be different depending on whether it was a multimedia player, or a phone book.

Further, if it were a multimedia player, would it just be the glossy user interface, or something lower level like actually implementing the codecs.

Then there is the question of your actual proficiency in those languages, and the availability of appropriate tools for your chosen development (and run-time) platforms.

Can anybody suggest to me a compelling reason to use any of the programming languages [C,C++ and Java]. Under what circumstances would you use one over the other.

The main benefit of Java is that it has garbage collection, and for some devices, you have to use Java because that's what you've gotta use. Another is that it's easier to learn quickly and use poorly than C++. Just avoid C entirely, it has no relevant benefits over C++.

hi
i think if you want choice from these three i will suggest java as its efficient,need less lines of code,easy to tackle and maintain while in others your length of code increses so much and for graphics you need much more effort while in java there are already build in commands you can use them.And last suggestion you use that language that you
know best from all these three and you had made alot more practise in that language too and you hav hold on it.Rest is on you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.