Hi, I want to start learning how to create a web page from beginning, I know a little java and still working on it. But generally I am clueless about web development :o :sad: :o

I am looking at some html tutorials on the web but I think some advice could be useful.
How should I begin with :?: :?:

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hi, I want to start learning how to create a web page from beginning, I know a little java and still working on it. But generally I am clueless about web development :o :sad: :o

I am looking at some html tutorials on the web but I think some advice could be useful.

Very nice place to go is
www.w3schools.com
This site been build in cooperation with w3c site
or anything which you like which because of the design, or good examples.
The thing is you have to learn first html tags("commands") than you can do some adds CSS, JavaScript, VisualBasicScript, XML etc

Hi dude!

I think you should start with XML or XHTML :idea: ! They are much eaisier to learn so give it a shot!
Chris (Croft .L)

Hi dude!

I think you should start with XML or XHTML :idea: ! They are much eaisier to learn so give it a shot!
Chris (Croft .L)

well it's true that HTML is "Old" now , and that XHTML and XML are the "HOT" ones , but i think he should start with the "old " one :HTML

for tutorials is easy

make a research on a search engine ... :idea:

XHTML is "hot" but there's far more HTML out on the web than XHTML. Plus, HTML forms the base for XHTML, so it's not a bad place to start.

Look for a good thick book on web development, read it, do the exercises, and you'll be on your way.

I guess you need to know that prog in and out to get maximal results, do you know HTML and XHtml? That's the way I learned, takes forever but gives understanding!!! To view source code, "view source" which is in html etc. NB to have your metas correct, title and keywords updated constrantly as well as your links.
Chio 4 now!

:rolleyes: D/weaver 3 = good and rather easy 2 iollow ---- I use MAC lsptop, sldo pc, will try to get ahold of more info MS Frontpage 2003, if I can find the code for unlicking trial, my backup discs are disappeared during cross county move -- G/luck, S

I think a good place to start beyond the tutorials is to just browse the sites that you like and then view the source and study how they used the html tags to get the desired results. I agree books and tutorials are always a good resource but some real world examples and case studys can jumpstart the learning process.

the HTML/XML/Flash is just the mechanism used to deliver the site
i would recommend with starting by figuring out what the purpose of the site is
the type of audience you may expect to visit it and so on.

look at sites that are similar purposes see how they are structured, their navigation, and mediums they are created in.

a site can be made in many different ways that process becomes a lot easier once you figure out the goal, style and content. The format behind it can be selected accordingly

same site can be made in different ways.
if you are a coder you may find it easier to make a dynamic site using php/asp
if you’re more visual then using a tool such as dreamweaver, flash may help

html is a pretty common base no matter what path you go

and if you do not have any tools on hand
there are a lot of programs similar to this
notepad++
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm
makes it easier to navigate your code

heya i am young and i am creating a personal site using MS Frontpage. I finished creating the site and wanted to obviously publish it to the web. When i publish it all i get is a shortcut leading to the unpublished version of my site. help me please?!? i want my site to be on the internet not a shortcut on my desktop...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.