Help - we lost our IT Admin - I am trying to reconfigure a virtual machine (xen) to run like an existing machine that has been taken off the network, i have copied the host tables and changed the computer names yet still I am not able to ping the machine in the domain or visaversa. the new machine is running RHEL5 and the old machine that is being replaced is RHEL4. The new one is x64 and the old one is x32. The domain0 (or host machine that has the virtual on it) has different IPs for the NIC cards but i was told that was ok as long as the configuration for one card remains the same domain/gateway/group as the virtual... can anybody help?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Help - we lost our IT Admin - I am trying to reconfigure a virtual machine (xen) to run like an existing machine that has been taken off the network, i have copied the host tables and changed the computer names yet still I am not able to ping the machine in the domain or visaversa. the new machine is running RHEL5 and the old machine that is being replaced is RHEL4. The new one is x64 and the old one is x32. The domain0 (or host machine that has the virtual on it) has different IPs for the NIC cards but i was told that was ok as long as the configuration for one card remains the same domain/gateway/group as the virtual... can anybody help?

How do you have the virtual NIC setup for the virtual machine? Is the physical NIC bridged?

Do i need to do that using xen, if so I have no idea how to do that... sorry we lost our IT person and I need a little direction...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.