“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
-- Mahatma Gandhi (2 October 1869 – 30 January 1948)

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature, for in the final analysis we ourselves are part of the mystery we are trying to solve.
-- Max Planck

We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.
-- Max Planck

Edited by Ene Uran: n/a

Experience is the teacher of all things.

by Julius Caesar

Edited by jingda: n/a

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

"I love to do the things the censors won't pass."
-- Marilyn Monroe

(M&M at her best)

Edited by vegaseat: n/a

Winston Churchill angry at a lady calling him drunk:
"When I wake up in the morning I am sober, but you dear lady are still ugly!"

You can't mention drinking without some of W.C. Fields' sayings
"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Not drinking related, but one of my favorites
"Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler."

Edited by woooee: n/a

"The superior reasoning power, revealed in the
incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."
by Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Change is the law of life. Those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."
by John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea.
-- Bernard-Paul Heroux (Basque philosopher)

"Virtue - You don't need a reason to help people." - Zidane

"Arrogance - The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty." - Aramant

Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions

“We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.”

- Swami Vivekananda -

In war, truth is the first casualty.
-- Aeschylus (Greek dramatist 525 BC - 456 BC)

" Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path " - Psalm 119:105

From the Bible

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young."
— Henry Ford

"Failure is simply an opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."
— Henry Ford

Votes + Comments
That's why you are so successful

“Satisfaction of one's curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life.”
-- Linus Pauling

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."
-- William Congreve

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.