“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
-- Mahatma Gandhi (2 October 1869 – 30 January 1948)

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature, for in the final analysis we ourselves are part of the mystery we are trying to solve.
-- Max Planck

We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.
-- Max Planck

I came, I saw, I conquered.

by Julius Caesar

Experience is the teacher of all things.

by Julius Caesar

Darn Brutus, that wasn't a nice thing to do!

by Julius Caesar

it makes perfect sense.. if you don't think about it

Darn you Marcus, don't 'steal' my girl

By Julius Caesar

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
-- Janis Joplin

"I love to do the things the censors won't pass."
-- Marilyn Monroe

(M&M at her best)

Winston Churchill angry at a lady calling him drunk:
"When I wake up in the morning I am sober, but you dear lady are still ugly!"

You can't mention drinking without some of W.C. Fields' sayings
"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Not drinking related, but one of my favorites
"Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler."

" God is with us now

Will you open your heart to Him today "

By my church pastor

"The superior reasoning power, revealed in the
incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."
by Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Change is the law of life. Those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."
by John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

Be the change that you seek - Mahatma Gandhi

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea.
-- Bernard-Paul Heroux (Basque philosopher)

"Virtue - You don't need a reason to help people." - Zidane

"Arrogance - The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty." - Aramant

Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions

“We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.”

- Swami Vivekananda -

In war, truth is the first casualty.
-- Aeschylus (Greek dramatist 525 BC - 456 BC)

" Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path " - Psalm 119:105

From the Bible

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young."
— Henry Ford

"Failure is simply an opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."
— Henry Ford

commented: That's why you are so successful +0

“Satisfaction of one's curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life.”
-- Linus Pauling

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."
-- William Congreve

May 'the Google' be with you! - vegaseat

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.