"Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love."
... Albert Einstein

Being compassion is hard understand
But forgiving someone is hard to let go.

Hey, hey, hey — don't be mean. We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai

I was not predicting the future, I was trying to prevent it.

― Ray Bradbury

“The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.”
... Abraham Lincoln

“For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today”
... African Proverb

"Tomorrow is the future, yesterday is the past, and today is present making it a gift."

Edited by <M/>

"I always wanted to kick a duck up the ####." -- Karl Pilkington

Okay then... -_-

Statements mostly serve to close the mind, questions mostly serve to open the mind. --Mark Grime

---> You can get drunk off a bottle, but you can't get a drunk off a bottle. --Heard if from a friend once (so anonymous probably).
---> Today is tomorrow.
--->The pursuit of psychological adjustment runs parallel with one's ability to successfully slam a revolving door --- Josh Finch

I am a kind of paranoid in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy. - J. D. Salinger

"You only have to do a very few things right in your life, as long as you don't do too many things wrong."
... Warren Buffett

There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. - Denis Waitley

I don't know how many of you have ever met Dijkstra, but you probably know that arrogance in computer science is measured in nano-Dijkstras. - Alan Kay

Two from Einstein

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr. Seuss

Edited by LastMitch: grammer

“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Votes + Comments
I agree, your other half should be your best friend

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" ― Karl Marx

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
=== Dalai Lama

Votes + Comments
One of my favourites.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.