"Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live."

lol

"Always keep in mind that debugging consumes more time than programming."
... B. Liskov

If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must
be the process of putting them in.
-- Dykstra's Observation

"If it wasn't for C, we'd be writing programs in BASI, PASAL, and OBOL."

"Most people's C programs should be indented six feet downward and covered with dirt."
... Blair P. Houghton.

"I invented the term 'Object-Oriented', and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
... Alan Kay (creator of Smalltalk)

The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.

Charles Bukowski

TO love and be loved is the greatest joy on earth. :)

It becomes easy to spread a lie when no one knows what the truth is. - anonymous

The most important is not to cure from a disease, but to live with it. - (Abbé Galiani)

Saw this on a calendar in our office and it really happened to speak to me: Each life needs its own quiet place.

It becomes easy to spread a lie when no one knows what the truth is. - anonymous

If no one knows what the truth is, how can it be a lie?? For instance, if I said "the sky is red", and everyone is blind, then just because no one can verify the color of the sky doesn't make what I said a lie.

When the religious right tells everyone what Jesus would think and do and most people don't read the bible to find out for themselves what the book actually says then most people won't know they are being lied to. Similarly, if the NSA says "We've stopped spying on US citizens" and then classifies all NSA activity as top secret then the public will know whether or not they are being lied to. If a husband says to his wife, "I have never cheated on you" and the wife is blissfully ignorant of the truth then it is still a lie. Technically, yes, someone (the husband and the other woman) know the truth, so instead of literally interpreting the words consider the meaning.

It is the custom of each community to form the minds of its young in a mold, introducing a binding agent of prejudice. The result is a remarkably tough substance capable of withstanding successfully even the pressure of many innate tendencies and instincts. In this way it has been possible to produce a man who against all his basic sense of self-preservation will voluntarily risk death for an ideal - but also in this way is produced the dolt who is sure of everything and knows what is 'right'.

John Wyndham

"...I know and understand that it's not any of my damn business,... actually wait a second... what am I saying? It IS MY DAMN BUSINESS!" - Me

"I think, therefore I am"
-René Descartes

"I love it when a plan comes together." - John "Hannibal" Smith (The A-Team)

"I love it when a plan comes together." - John "Hannibal" Smith (The A-Team)

+1

I am, therefore I think. Descartes has it backwards.

"I think, therefore I am"

That's not what Descartes said, he said: "Cogito, ergo sum."

When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

an Arabic proverb
The enemy of my enemy is my friend
ex: Britain and France uniting together in World War I against Germany

"Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite"
Karl Popper , Conjectures and Refutations

Gentlemen You can't fight in here, this a war room

Dr. Strangelove...or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. - Pete Seeger

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
... Charles M. Schulz

"They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything."
... Bill Keane

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.