"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
... Theodore Hesburgh

Hope - "Hold Your Pain Ends"

2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2

1 + 1 = 1 for extremely large values of 1.
This also holds in boolean algebra.

"I don't pay good wages because I have a lot of money; I have a lot of money because I pay good wages."
... Robert Bosch

If You Dare Enough, Go Ahead

What do we have to worry about one fu##ing plane :: Mayor of Hiroshima, 1945

Mankind has grown strong in eternal struggles and it will only perish through eternal peace.

"You are the Messiah! I ought to know, since I have followed quite a number of them!"
... Kurt Wagenknecht

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy

"Mental Floss prevents Moral Decay."
... Karl Quatsch

I like to do things quickly because I'm easily bored.
Karl Lagerfeld

New authors fill the bookshelves every day, but it's the classics that we always come back to.

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." - Benjamin Franklin

"The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country."
... General George S. Patton.

“The origin of science is in the desire to know causes; and the origin of all false science and imposture is in the desire to accept false causes rather than none; or, which is the same thing, in the unwillingness to acknowledge our own ignorance.” - William Hazlitt

CFO asks CEO: "What happens if we invest in developing people and then they leave us?"
CEO: "What happens if we don't, and they stay?"
---Omid Scheybani---

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and been widely regardedas a bad move.
--- Douglas Adams in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Bernard M. Baruch

Be Positive
Somthing is Possible is far better than nothing is impossible

I used to go and sit on the beach at Brighton and dream, and now I sit on the shore of human life and dream practically the same dreams. I remember about the time that I mention – or it may have been a trifle later – coming to the distinct conclusion that there were only two things really worth living for – the glory and beauty of Nature, and the glory and beauty of human love and friendship. And to-day I still feel the same. What else indeed is there? All the nonsense about riches, fame, distinction, ease, luxury and so forth – how little does it amount to! It really is not worth wasting time over. These things are so obviously secondhand affairs, useful only and in so far as they may lead to the first two, and short of their doing that liable to become odious and harmful. To become united and in line with the beauty and vitality of Nature (but, Lord help us! we are far enough off from that at present), and to become united with those we love – what other ultimate object in life is there? Surely all these other things, these games and examinations, these churches and chapels, these district councils and money markets, these top-hats and telephones and even the general necessity of earning one’s living – if they are not ultimately for that, what are they for?

Edward Carpenter

Do or Do Not, ther is no try

All animals are equal, but some animalsare more equal than others.
- George Orwell, Animal Farm, 1945

“You are only as beautiful as your last action.”
... Stephen Richards

There is no substitute for hard work.
- Thomas A.Edison**

Silence is a source of great strength.
-Lao Tzu

When palaces are kept up
Fields are left to weeds
And granaries empty (economy trashed);
Wearing fine clothes,
Bearing sharp swords,
Glutting with food and drink,
Hoarding wealth and possessions -
These are the ways of theft,
And far from the Way.

Tao Dejing #53

“The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly. The rich have always objected to being governed at all.”
... G. K. Chesterton

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.