"A computer is only as smart as the programmer that wrote the program."
~~ Chris Lattner Sr.

Nothing will work unless you do.
- Maya An

"For young players, classic games are brand new. For older players, they bring back memories and make you feel good."
... Satoru Iwata

Never look backwards or you'll fall down the stairs.
-Rudyard Kipling

The problem is that the loudest journalism in America is generally saying the least.

John Oliver (Last Week Tonight)

Hapiness is not something ready made. it comes from your own actions.
-Dalai Lama

The Mafia is organized crime.
The Government is disorganized crime.
... Stefan Molyneux

The Speed of the leader is the speed of the gang.
- Mary Kay Ash

"A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country."
... Tex Guinan

Through tattered clothes small vices do appear;
Robes and furred gowns hide all.
Plate sin with gold,
And the strong lance of justice hurtless breaks;
Arm it in rags, a pygmy's straw does pierce it.

William Shakespeare (King Lear)

“I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken.”

Oliver Cromwell

Bernie Sanders is the president we need. Donald Trump is the president we deserve.

• Alec Baldwin

Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
-- James Joyce (1882-1941)

I heard that you can do what ever you want in International Waters, that's why I filled my jacuzzi with International Water.

Samuel L. Jackson

RE: the assault on the female school student by a "peace" officer...

“He didn’t use mace. He didn’t use a Taser. He didn’t use a stick. He didn’t kick her. He didn’t hit her. He didn’t choke her. He used a minimal amount of force necessary to effect an arrest.”

Mark Fuhrman - disgraced ex-LAPD homicide detective and convicted perjurer

“A nation of slaves is always prepared to applaud the clemency of their master who, in the abuse of absolute power, does not proceed to the last extremes of injustice and oppression.”

Edward Gibbon - Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire:

Try not to think of this quote in regaurds to any previous quotes, I think this one's one of the funniest I have ever heard:

"Just close your eyes and think of england. "--Lady Hillingdon

When you look it up you will either think it is the funniest thing in the world, or you will probably think I am being crass, either way please don't ban my account for something I think is funny. It actually came up in a book I am reading as a little bit of off colour humor among some women characters in the book, one of them being from england.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
- Bertrand Russell

"There was only one time in American history when the fear of refugees wiping everyone out did actually come true, and we’ll all be sitting around a table celebrating it on Thursday.”

John Oliver

You know something is important when you're willing to let someone else take the credit if that's what it takes to get it done.

Seth Godin

The market doesn't give a shit how hard you worked. Users just want your software to do what they need, and you get a zero otherwise. That is one of the most distinctive differences between school and the real world: there is no reward for putting in a good effort. In fact, the whole concept of a "good effort" is a fake idea adults invented to encourage kids. It is not found in nature.

--Paul Graham

There’s a big difference between “impossible” and “hard to imagine.” The first is about it; the second is about you!

-- Marvin Minsky

Unix was not designed to stop its users from doing stupid things, as that would also stop them from doing clever things.

Doug Gwyn

Shouldn't "it works like a charm" be said about things that don't work?

Jason Roy

Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.

Gloria Steinem

Last one. I promise.

Bad things don't happen to you because you're unlucky. Bad things happen to you because you're a dumbass.

Red Foreman

OK. Just one more:

Political Correctness: a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

commented: You're close, however that stench you're commenting on imminates from deeper down--from the Khazarian sewer. +0

...and then it occurred to me that a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match.

• B. Bryson

"Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known."

Garrison Keillor

God, the superbeing who created a universe of some 200 billion galaxies - comprising approximately 200 billion stars per galaxy - the same God who created the atom, designed gravity and ignited the spark of life ... who conceived of the infinite wonders of time and space from the smallest, subatomic particle ... to the largest and most durable sun ... This God talks to Oral Roberts? Never to an Isaac Newton or a Leonardo da Vinci or a Mozart or even an Albert Einstein! But he takes the time to talk to Oral Roberts?

• Bob Guccione
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.