"I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store, and he asked me for my autograph."
-- Shirley Temple

@ArvelAric, I hope you get a free Cancun vacation from the folks you are spamming for.

A quote from Jay Leno ...

Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average… which means, you have met your New Year's resolution.

Edited by vegaseat: n/a

"I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of Science, whatever the matter may be." - Kelvin

Is this not relevant in the OS wars when one popular/commonplace EULA forbids benchmarking or bullies/fans/technology evangelists put something down with "That is X@#!&^! LOL use YYYY. It's better."?

lastly a sad qoute....

Im just waiting for the world.... to swallow my miserable existence. -- someone from fallout2 game, a vaultdweller from vault 13 which i forgot the name

contradictory

pratice makes perfect.... but no one is perfect so why practice?

an old carabao wants to eat young grass but young vines want to climb old tress.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
-- Ronald Reagan

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.
-- Albert Einstein

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
-- Ronald Reagan

I have always said: I am a conservative, I am here to help" are the scariest words in the English language

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.
-- Albert Einstein

Albert never saw "The Lord of the Dance"

A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
-- Max Planck

Albert never saw "The Lord of the Dance"

He would have found the thing boring and going on much too long.

Satisfaction of one's curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life.
-- Linus Pauling

I seem to have trouble double posting, must have a bounce in my mouse clicker.

Just recently heard this one (rough translation):

After 50 years of pushing the door of life,
I realize it opens inwards.

From the word to the deed, there is a great distance.
-- Spanish proverb

Darn double posts!

What is learned never is lost.
-- another Spanish proverb

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.