If a tail is a leg then how many legs does a dog have.
Answer is four, as calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one.

said by Abraham Lincoln. :D

"According to the pain is the gain."
-- Rabbi Ben Hei

"No pain, no gain."
-- Jane Fonda (in her aerobic workouts)

Don't you wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence of the program? There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work.
-- Gallagher

"You get what you pay for."
-- unknown wise guy

"You'll pay for that"
-- probably the same guy

"If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. If you keep believing what your believing, you'll keep achieving what you're achieving."
~ The Uncommon Way by David Wolfe

"If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. If you keep believing what your believing, you'll keep achieving what you're achieving."
~ The Uncommon Way by David Wolfe

A different way of stating this is

A Definition of Insanity:
Continually doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

Here is an odd one, you be the judge ...

America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success.
-- Sigmund Freud

Probably uttered during Sigmund's final years, when the first Great Depression was in full swing in the US.

Edited by vegaseat: exp

I think Siggy was onto something. Is the experiment really succeeding?

We have the best government money can steal.

"This is Congress masturbating to the sound of its own voice"

President Segovia, FlashForward, ep 5

A true conservationist knows that the world is not given by the fathers, but borrowed from the children.
-- John James Audubon

I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process.
-- Vincent van Gogh

Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.
-- Desiderius Erasmus

Edited by vegaseat: n/a

"An expert is someone who's made all the mistakes", (That's how I became a local "guru geek")

My sig. is my own quote. I doubt it will ever get famous but I do try to live by it.

Edited by DJYahtzee: n/a

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Edited by Banfa: n/a

Expert
combination of Ex, has been, was, past tense
and
spurt, a drip under pressure
expert : a hasbeen drip under pressure

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.