One is cluttered, the other is clean so you can get a feel for everything involved with my desktop. I didn't include anything kde-based... oh well. :)

Attachments 20040322-01.jpg 332.69 KB 20040322-02.jpg 166.31 KB

I use Wallmaster to manage "lists" of wallpapers to change on a whim.

It's a great program and easy to find and use; it also hides the desktop icons too, if you want.
Here's my current wall:

Attachments fire.jpg 113.97 KB

I use Wallmaster to manage "lists" of wallpapers to change on a whim.

It's a great program and easy to find and use; it also hides the desktop icons too, if you want.
Here's my current wall:

Why would you want to hide your icons? I need mine so that I can find things on my computer.

Why would you want to hide your icons? I need mine so that I can find things on my computer.

I guess I follow along with XPs idea of having a clean desktop, so I use my quicklaunch bar and notification area almost exclusively; I also use the "desktop" feature on the taskbar to access anything that would normally be there and there's always the start button, too.:)
Here's a wall from Strangefate.com that I often use; I customized it just for me:

Attachments s_Splash_Screen.JPG 51.77 KB

I use my own screenshots from various games as my desktops. I'll post one of the funnier ones when I get home.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.