Hi all,

I'm going to look for an IT job in Los Angeles. I'll need the employer to sponsor an H1B visa for me, as I live in Israel now.

What will be the best way to do this?
Employment agencies? General web? Other ways?

Shortly, my profile
- 1.5 years SW developer at Intel
- Graduated a leading university with excellence

Any input will be very welcome

Thank you

Gidi

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Use your Intel connections to find something at or near an Intel site near LA (Jeez. LA? Ick). Failing the Intel route, drop back to your University connections and use their resources to find another graduate who works near your target area. I think you see the pattern: Unless you are one of the top 10% at what you do, network, network, network is the most effective way to get work. (For the top 10%: Let people know your desires, then accept an offer.)

Use your Intel connections to find something at or near an Intel site near LA (Jeez. LA? Ick). Failing the Intel route, drop back to your University connections and use their resources to find another graduate who works near your target area. I think you see the pattern: Unless you are one of the top 10% at what you do, network, network, network is the most effective way to get work. (For the top 10%: Let people know your desires, then accept an offer.)

Griswolf,

Thank you, this is a good accent, I'll definitely see what more can I do at this direction

I agree with griswolf. Check you Intel contacts from Folsom or Santa Clara. Worth the try ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.