How are dominant criteria for systems design related to policies of the company? Discuss.
(Hi guys this is one of the questions from th MIS assignment i have got i started to answer but couldn"t finished it plsssss help me to complete my answer tanx.)

The first step in system design is not a technical one. It is concerned with gaining support for the work that follows. System designers must have the support of most members of the organization to obtain information for the design of the system and to obtain acceptance of the final system.

Dominant criteria for a system are those that make an activity so important that it overrides all other activities. For example, a dominant criterion might be that the system operates so that there is never a stock-out. This overrides the criterion of minimizing inventory cost. It might even hold for a company selling a consumer product where loss of a customer is permanent and all competitors have a no-stock out policy.
The MIS must be designed to provide the information for the decisions, or at lower and programmed levels, to make the trade-offs.

Have a look at THIS link. It contains what you are looking for.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.