i've never had any spyware or virus troubles with limewirePRO, and i many .exe's as well (obviously not copyrighted software, as that would make it slightly illegal :d), however kazaa and winmx were an utter nightmere, god knows how much cyber junk i got from those lol

If you pay for it it will tell you which songs are illeagle to down load. There is hardly anything leagal to download and yes you will get viruses!

There is hardly anything leagal to download

There are plenty of media that is legal to download, maybe not the kind you might enjoy but there are a lot of things.

and yes you will get viruses!

Not neceserely, I can't imagine an mp3 file with a virus attached to it. If you scan your .exe's that might help, but there's no garantees.

For get about using ANY P2P program. There a load of junk. I used KaZaA for about a month and our internet bills went rocketing up.

Well, if you download something with a serious virus, such as a Trojan Horse, limewire will TELL you, and if you have any antivirus software(e.g. Norton Antivirus) it will automatically delete it and any files. If you don't have antivirus, get it or figure out how to manually delete Trojan Horses...not easy.

lol_hacker101

Well, if you download something with a serious virus, such as a Trojan Horse, limewire will TELL you, and if you have any antivirus software(e.g. Norton Antivirus) it will automatically delete it and any files. If you don't have antivirus, get it or figure out how to manually delete Trojan Horses...not easy.

lol_hacker101

this post is like trying to beat a dead horse no use lets just drop it if we get virus worm trojan its our baby not yours happy surfeing:eek::rolleyes:

if we get virus worm trojan its our baby not yours happy surfeing

No not at all. What if you're infected with a bot? These are designed to connect to the internet and infect others.

Or what if you're on a network, and you're infected with a network bug? Then, depending on the size of the network, you could infect the entire company.

Or how about a simple worm? Once you're infected, it sends infeted emails to everybody in your address book.

Thanks.

wtf do you mean about internet bills rocketing with p2p?

In the uk noone ues dialup unless there in a rural area or a pensioner who cant afford it

I have unlimited download 10mb broadband myself

At the time I had Dial-Up with Telstra Bigpond and we went heaps of Megabytes past our download limit. I now have 512Kbps broadband.

At the time I had Dial-Up with Telstra Bigpond and we went heaps of Megabytes past our download limit. I now have 512Kbps broadband.

AHhhh, I see. I was having the same question as prolient_fan. ;)

i know that p2p like bittorrent has an upload limiter and also you can firewall it

wtf do you mean about internet bills rocketing with p2p?

In the uk noone ues dialup unless there in a rural area or a pensioner who cant afford it

I have unlimited download 10mb broadband myself

although i agree most of us do have unlimited high speed access, but the unfortunate few still have capped monthly limits with huge fee's for exceeding them, one i saw other day was extremly high; 75p for every mb over the limit, cosidering most mp3's are around 4mb thats £3 per mp3, now as i said most isp dont charge anywhere near this but its always good to check with your isp first, as for dial-up most isp's offer unlimited isdn service, such as AOL and NAMESCO.
(im not trying to plug either of the isps mentioned, they are simply isps i have tried and trust)

i know, ntl is now unlimited but before it was 1gb/month or hhefty charges

same with alot of others,most isps in the uk cap your usage, even if they say its unlimited, i.e virgin.net's `unlimited`8mb plan is in fact capped at 20gb (its in the small print!)

well, I'm glad I live in america. If it says unlimited broadband speed, then it is unlimited broadband speed. It's also cheap compared to other countries. Cable Internet rocks!!

You said it. I had cable for three months then we switched to broadband...what a difference.

lol_hacker101

I had cable for three months then we switched to broadband...what a difference.

Cable is broadband.

You said it. I had cable for three months then we switched to broadband...what a difference.

lol_hacker101

do you mean dial-up mate (isdn)?

darren :cool:

I think he meand DSL...;)

I think he meand DSL...;)

"I had cable for three months then we switched to broadband...what a difference. "

proberly, just thought as he said he had switched to broadband from cable he may have ment dial-up as cable is broadband (as already said by joeprogramer)

I love cable, it's fast.

where i am cable is 10mb max its a con 1mb has unlimted downloads but 10mb has a gig limit a month maybe its so they can fine the hell out of people (its like 2p a meg) (that would make a gig 20 quid)

where i am cable is 10mb max its a con 1mb has unlimted downloads but 10mb has a gig limit a month maybe its so they can fine the hell out of people (its like 2p a meg) (that would make a gig 20 quid)

ouch, i have noticed that with alot of them, virgin.net are doing unlimited 8mb and most of aol's plans are unlimited, although they claim its unlimited most isps cap it at around 20gb (its all in their small print)

That stinks. I have unlimited everything, 100mbs. Unlimeted surfing, unlimeted downloads, it's awesome.

geez! you can't even make one simple comment without everyone criticizing you... no, i meant cable... thank you, i didn't know, and no, i don't mean dial-up, and DSL isn't the same thing, though they're used interchangably.

lol_hacker101

It also depends on your country's laws. But if you ask me, it's totally illegal. However, if you don't sell what you download, I guess that's ok. (Because that's what I do too.)

The analogy I collected online was "like drugs, they go after the dealers, not the users" and "there is a 1 in 5 billion" chance of getting caught. There are not five billion users. So basically keep your pirating profile low, don't let people upload from you, restrict your bandwith for them, and don't "share your music". If you do all that you should be just fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.