Or at lease one disease - Malaria.
Human trials have already proven successful by injecting some Mosquitos with a bacteria to disable the harmful chemicals the Mosquito would normally inject into a human then sends a bunch of these mutant Mosquitos into an active population of Mosquitoes where the offspring will carry the disability feature allowing us humans to eventually have no or few harmful Mosquitos in our human population as all Mosquitos would have this disibility feature when the older/current generations die out.

I could have explained it in a complicated scientific way but I don't think any computer geeks would understand the dna science behind it so that above is english only. Not that I would want to use Python or Monty Python to explain it.

Anyways back on subject. How do you feel that in about 10 years bill gates will be able to say he cured disease due to the research he started in 2002?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

could explain why birds are dropping out of the sky.

i also read on wiki leaks that steve jobs has hiv .. lol

commented: pointless drivel +0

I run malariacontrol.net on boinc as one of my projects

The research into the malaria parasite is multi-pronged: the mosquito vector is one; Johns Hopkins is working on a vaccine for the people; there is netting that prevents contact and has a pesticide - I think the work is to intervene at the 5 different stages.

What a really kool legacy if the Gates Foundation eliminate malaria from the world!

I can find stuff about the vaccine but I can't find anything about this bacteria thing your talking about I'm a Bio geek as well so could you post a link with more info?

Until the ISOS find him, there is no hope for the world. (Obvious reference included)

I can find stuff about the vaccine but I can't find anything about this bacteria thing your talking about I'm a Bio geek as well so could you post a link with more info?

ok.
I got most of the information for a local telivision report and other bits from various parts of the web. However, I have managed to find an old news artical which bill gates based his research on.
http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2009/05/13/Study-Bacteria-might-stop-malaria-spread/UPI-32761242250619/
This news artical was published in 2009 and contains the same concepts that bill gates followed through to get the final result. If you want more information then just let me know because just like you I find there is very little information on the web about this since not all of it is official yet although is promising after some successful human trials have already occured. But as I said, most of the information in my first post was based on a telivision news headline and incase you wanna know the news station it is "10 News" in Australia.

Might be better to find a virus that gets rid of all mosquitoes. Who needs those blood sucking beasts anyway? :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.