Anyway people. We do NOT want to get into a slinging match here or the thread will be shut down quick smart.
This is one of those subjects that polarises people and can quickly end up where we do not want it.
Just a gentle warning :)

Anyway people. We do NOT want to get into a slinging match here or the thread will be shut down quick smart.
This is one of those subjects that polarises people and can quickly end up where we do not want it.
Just a gentle warning :)

Yes you are right :) I again clear what I say is what I believe and how I interpret It not that I don't respects others faiths I apologies for any offensive comment :)

I personally have not been offended by any earlier comments and I hope others feel the same way.

It seems be a healthy, respectful debate in answer to the invitation to "Let's talk about God"

As abelLazm says.. we can respect the right of others to have their own opinions.

But to avoid living in a vacuum it is healthy to investigate what and how others think. Science has been mentioned.. a prime case of continuous questioning what has gone before - and no doubt ruffling a few feathers on the way!

A bit like the MS vs Mac scenario?

I'm happy to continue in the same vein.. or via pm if anyone prefers!

Member Avatar for diafol

I like this thread. Please don't close it! As boyne states, if it was discussing MS vc Mac, it could get really heated and nobody would give two hoots.

Can greek gods be bring into this topic and discuss. Because i think poseidon is cool

Yes, include Poseidon, or any other god if that is your belief.

Ultimately we will stand or fall by our particular belief if it turns out there is a creator God who is the ultimate decision maker regarding what he accepts! :)

Current gods could also include wealth; status; sports heroes; film stars; self worship; and the list goes on..

There is also the god of 'this system of things'.. 'who has blinded the minds of the unbelievers' (1Cor 4:4) So if belief in the creator God is denied, it is even more likely that the god of this system is not recognised.

That could leave us in the position of worshipping by default.. if it's all the same to you I'd rather know what I'm involved with, thanks! :)

God of football. Lionel messi.
Can he be considered a god?

God of football. Lionel messi.
Can he be considered a god?

Can you tell us what's your faith and belief mean can you please give your definition of GOD

My definition of god is someone who is excel at certain things and is better than the rest.

My definition of god is someone who is excel at certain things and is better than the rest.

This definition is very lame... GOD is the creator and master of all and he excel at every thing he has the power to do anything he is the source of all powers .... now coming to your previous post can any body(Footballer in your example) fits in this definition

This definition is very lame... GOD is the creator and master of all and he excel at every thing he has the power to do anything he is the source of all powers .... now coming to your previous post can any body(Footballer in your example) fits in this definition

:)

He's at High School.. we should be commending him for at least thinking about this topic.. even if he is baiting the conversation! :)

:)

He's at High School.. we should be commending him for at least thinking about this topic.. even if he is baiting the conversation! :)

:) yes I know ..... He is a very good learner and I like some of his posts

So i should change in to Lionel Messi king of football. is that ok?

I believe there is God, not a God, but the God cause there only one.

There is no scriptural indication nor is there a requirement for other 'prophets' nor their writings to support and add to the Bible. These unnecessary writings include the Book of Mormon, the Koran, Ron L Hubbard's fiction and any other books that claim to provide divine instruction.

You've got a lot of nerve calling someone else's fiction fiction, buddy.

commented: Nail on the old head again jon +0
Member Avatar for diafol

> You've got a lot of nerve calling someone else's fiction fiction, buddy.

Very true. Unfortunately, that's what it boils down to. If your faith is deemed to be true, all other opposing beliefs must, by definition, be false. There can be no reconciliation without compromising your own views. Science demands rigour and an open mind. Although history is full of 'blind' scientists, generally accepted theories and models change as new evidence is gathered and corroborated. Would it be fair to say that science is liberal and religion conservative? Too simplistic? Are new religious ideas heresy, or do you have to start a new sect? I noticed that the RC Church dispensed with 'limbo' not too long ago. I suppose religions evolve too, in a non-Darwinian fashion of course!

My questions to all who believe in a God, any god:

1. Why is it neccesary for you to believe in your God?

2. What will happen to you if you stop believing?

3. Why is it neccesary for your God to be a god?

4. Why does your God "hide" so no one can see it, and why does this god not come out openly so that everyone on earth will know that it is the true god and there can be no confusion and no further doubts about it?

5. If your god is a God, why do you need to defend it on a forum like this, as it should be able to defend itself?

Current gods could also include wealth; status; sports heroes; film stars; self worship; and the list goes on..
That could leave us in the position of worshipping by default

Only if you assume that anything that vaguely resembles what you do is "worshipping". That's a pretty greedy definition. Could it be that "worship" is better viewed as a subset of "obsession", and not the other way around?

class Worship extends Obsession
{
  private boolean requiresDeity = true;
  private boolean metaphysicalContent = true;
  //(etc)
}

All my family believe in god except me

"Life is easier if you believe in God" -quote
No it's not! You have to constantly worry about getting into hell.

"So do you guys think religion is just a big scam?" -quote
Yes, it is just a big scam started by church 1000 years ago. But sometimes it is also a good thing.

You've got a lot of nerve calling someone else's fiction fiction, buddy.

In that case I'll let the Judge say it!

"In October 1984 Judge Paul G. Breckenridge ruled in Armstrong's favor, saying:

The evidence portrays a man [Hubbard] who has been virtually a pathological liar when it comes to his history, background and achievements. The writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egoism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile. At the same time it appears that he is charismatic and highly capable of motivating, organizing, controlling, manipulating and inspiring his adherents. He has been referred to during the trial as a "genius", a "revered person", a man who was "viewed by his followers in awe". Obviously, he is and has been a very complex person and that complexity is further reflected in his alter ego, the Church of Scientology."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

I choose not to hang my cap on that peg to guide my future!

Very true. Unfortunately, that's what it boils down to. If your faith is deemed to be true, all other opposing beliefs must, by definition, be false. There can be no reconciliation without compromising your own views. Science demands rigour and an open mind. Although history is full of 'blind' scientists, generally accepted theories and models change as new evidence is gathered and corroborated. Would it be fair to say that science is liberal and religion conservative? Too simplistic? Are new religious ideas heresy, or do you have to start a new sect? I noticed that the RC Church dispensed with 'limbo' not too long ago. I suppose religions evolve too, in a non-Darwinian fashion of course!

In the last 100 years our understanding of the cosmos for example has involved one outstanding discovery after another as our capacity to improve technology and science has grown. What hasn't changed though is the actuality of the cosmos.. 'the discoveries' have been there waiting to be discovered. Man has changed nothing about the cosmos - except attempting to load it with items of junk [joke], man has not improved the cosmos by coming up with a new version, man has not proved the cosmos wrong..

I view the Bible and worship of God in a similar way.. the writings have been with us for thousands of years, substantially unchanged, nothing we can do or have done can change them. No amount of inventing a new version can change the purpose and intent of the original version.

Even Galileo fell foul of those wanting to change the reality and insist on fiction as truth!- later to be recanted.

That's why we need to (if we choose to be religious) look to the only writings that claim God as the author and which provide a satisfactory and accurate understanding of why we are here on this planet and what our future will be.

My questions to all who believe in a God, any god:

1. Why is it neccesary for you to believe in your God?

Initially not a necessity but my choice out of interest. After that it became a necessity out of respect for the creator and what he has done and is still prepared to do for my benefit and others who choose to worship Him. Rev 4:11

2. What will happen to you if you stop believing?

Initially probably nothing will happen to me. Later, when God corrects all the problems that now exist on earth and removes corruption and the corrupt and those who want to do their own thing.. I will be disposable as no longer measuring up to God's requirements. Rev 11:18

3. Why is it neccesary for your God to be a god?

Because that's what he is! Why is it necessary for you to be a human?

4. Why does your God "hide" so no one can see it, and why does this god not come out openly so that everyone on earth will know that it is the true god and there can be no confusion and no further doubts about it?

Where have you been all your life? Have you never heard of, seen, owned, or read the Bible? The most widely distributed book ever, in all major languages and many minor languages doesn't equate to 'hidden' surely! Do you require every world leader to appear before you before you acknowledge their existence? Heb 11:1

5. If your god is a God, why do you need to defend it on a forum like this, as it should be able to defend itself?

You are assuming that God is not using me to defend Him? I'm not claiming that, but it is common practice in most fields of life to have others represent the 'top brass'. That is what God has chosen to do down through the ages.

This thread concerns talking about God.. so what is your point?

Yes, it is just a big scam started by church 1000 years ago. But sometimes it is also a good thing.

Please be factual. It was nowhere near 1000 years.
I also fail to see how something 'bad' can also be good?

I choose not to hang my cap on that peg to guide my future!

What's the bit about the mote in your neighbor's eye and the beam in your own? How does that go again?

I don't following your reasoning, but you are thinking of Jesus's words at Luke 6:42? :)

More pertinent is the passage at 2Cor 6:14-18.. 'Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness?.. Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves.. and quit touching the unclean thing,'

It's helpful to use a modern language translation to avoid ancient (17th Century) words such as 'mote'

I'm saying, "pot, meet kettle". You are purveying a line of thought which you yourself have called unverifiable (see above, "science only has the ability to discover what already exists, ie, what god has put there"). That being the case, your your arguments can only convince you and people who already believe as you do. If you go slinging around words like "fiction" about others' sincere beliefs, you only invite me to do the same about yours.

As for your line from Corinthians, you may take that advice if you like. Plenty of unbelievers will be grateful to have one less righteous person standing around telling them how unrighteous they are. I think it's actually quite a good line, and I might have to quote it the next time someone comes along trying to tell me to believe in their invisible friend. "Get out from among the rest of us, and quit touching the unclean thing!"

If there is no GOD then who created this world and everything in this world?????? And God is one WHO is the creator of all and source of all powers.... Just try to observe things around you and analyze their existence and creation and try to understand why we believe there is THE GOD Who created all this.... And if someone doesn't believe in GOD then justify this creation and defend your opinion. Any Way this forum is not made to defend our believes or faith it is just to share your views and listen what other think..

Any more personal verballing and the thread will be closed.
The topic of the thread is 'Let's talk about God,' not 'Let's talk about what I think of your belief's.'

Sorry but i don't think i have used any word of what I think about others beliefs I always make it very clear what is my belief any way I think not to post in this thread any more... and I also removed the references I gave in my previous Post which can bother any one

according to the Buddhist teaching, Gods are also
beings in Sansara who are also helpless like us,who are suffering,
In Buddhism there is nothing that says "universe is created by gods".
It's anoths the complete freedom, your no longer a god/evil/human.

I'm sorry ,this is not a exercise to inject what I believe into you
ppl(who are beliving gods created world concept)
I didn't come to USA to spread my believes,(the only reason I
want to come to USA is technology+money).
.I just answered the question as I know,and also I'm not a good
Buddhist either, so please find a good source/teacher if you need
more correct/precise Buddhist concepts,I may be wrong.It's up to
you to think and decide.Buddhist teachings are open for everybody.

Anyway for the curiousity, think back again.
How many times you felt jelocy with somebody else?
How many times you felt anger with somebody else?
how many times you suffer from ill or physical body injury?
how many times you felt sad when you not getting what you need?

Even after you become a god, if your soul exists then these things
will continue. Isn't it? So what is the complete freedom?Everything
in our phyical world is changing, it generate the sadness, nothing
will there as we love/like. Then let's go to the inside mind.
Not only to the physical world , inside the mind those facts are truth.
Think about a imaganary world that your mind is only exists, but pain
and suffering continues , until there is a something called 'you'
or 'yourself' isn't it? that's why I called 'nirwana' is the
complete freedom.

o

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.