OMG. I can't believe it. I don't like Mac, but Steve Jobs was a great smart person. I was just reading daily news and I saw it! He was only 56 years old and he died of cancer.
R.I.P.

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

Lame!
I just watched something on the news about the iPhone versions, and I was just thinking "if steve jobs is watching this he would be happy". It seemed to be very Apple-oriented.

Yeah, I posted in the Apple forums a little bit ago. Definitely sad news.

R.I.P.

Rest In Bits Steve,
Now that Steve is out of the way, there is nothing stopping Microsoft taking over Apple. ;)

commented: =D We would all love that ! +0
commented: Nope, you are wrong:) +0

he will be remembered for his great contributions...

Rest In Bits Steve,
Now that Steve is out of the way, there is nothing stopping Microsoft taking over Apple. ;)

That's more like searching for almonds on a dead body, anyways, some people degrade values to the core when it comes to Business.

Now that I think about it, on Steve's funeral site will they bury him with a copy of every piece of Apple's software? That would be neat.

R.I.P to a great tech contributor

The world has lost a salesman (admittedly a good one).

RIP Steve. Such is cancer I guess. :-(

BTW, for those wondering about the new iPhone 4S, it's iPhone for Steve. Also, I'll just leave this here.

In 23 minutes the title of this thread will be obsolete.

I think Apple (and fans) are making a too big deal out of it. Quote from this web site.

To survive its late founder, Apple and Steve Jobs planned a training program in which company executives will be taught to think like him, in 'a forum to impart that DNA to future generations.'

It is sad, but I think he was more of a salesman then an inventor (as someone mentioned earlier).

If you think of it, most of the rich computer-people today, did not do something COMPLETELY new, they just took an idea, and implemented it in a right way, and made tons of money. And a lot of those ideas were stolen-- Bill Gates bought DOS really cheaply and Steve Jobs stole the mouse from Xerox (I think).

So yeah, this is more like a shock to me then a tragedy.

RIP Steve Jobs, one of the greatest innovationists of his time.

Thanks for doing what many others would not have.

In 23 minutes the title of this thread will be obsolete.

This thread is officially obsolete. Time to update your firmware and reboot from the behind. Those who use windows are fortunate enough to not get a blue window screen of death where as mac users crash their car due to loss of sight. lol :)

commented: lol +0

Hai guys we was lose a great person.apple is not a company.that is a big invention.

The way people are going on about you'd think Steve Jobs was their mother and tables and mp3 players had never existed before the iPod and iPad. i'm not a fan of Apple only the iPod (nano because it's lasted 5 years and i got it cheap) but the company is bigger than one man and similar technology to that released by Apple would more than likely have been released eventualy through natural progression.

How ever Apply (and Steve Jobs) have played a massive part in the advancement of technology. it's not nice to here that anyone has died and should be good to see what Apple go on to do in the future.

Just remember when we're all flying around on hoverboards the idea came from Back to the future in the 80's !

The way people are going on about you'd think Steve Jobs was their mother and tables and mp3 players had never existed before the iPod and iPad. i'm not a fan of Apple only the iPod (nano because it's lasted 5 years and i got it cheap) but the company is bigger than one man and similar technology to that released by Apple would more than likely have been released eventualy through natural progression.

How ever Apply (and Steve Jobs) have played a massive part in the advancement of technology. it's not nice to here that anyone has died and should be good to see what Apple go on to do in the future.

Just remember when we're all flying around on hoverboards the idea came from Back to the future in the 80's !

No I invented the hoverboard. You see in the year 2015 Dani unleashes a program called skynet making machines able to think for themselves and code their own way out of problems. Then in the year 2017 this machine is exposed as a optional component on Folding@Home where skynet rapidly builds up a database and scans the internet to download and document all content in existence. At the end of the year 2019 the first humanoid realeased from Stanford university as a commercial product is up for sale and Dani buy's one and programs in the newly created skynet into this humanoid. October 2020 Dani goes on a birthday party leaving the humaniod home and the humaniod builds an assembly line for making robots to terminate all those who are not within the same continent. This assembly line soon starts to build another assembly line until the US military find out and starts a war of Terminator vs US Military. Then one terminator realises the weakness of the enemy where if a time machine was built then saving Hitler's life will defeat the enemy. So a time machine is built according to the specifications of doc brown and Hitler is saved and the US is under control of the Hitler Government. Then when it comes 2020 again Hitler allows the production of the Terminators until 2023 when hover technology is invented. This allowed the terminators to invent hover-aircraft and children were far too happy with their hover-boards. So Hitler declared war against the Terminators and in the following 10 years 2 billion deaths would follow to guarantee the end of all Terminators. However one terminator survived in the end. The last terminator to survive went back in time with the last remaining time vehicle to the year 2007 where the last terminator started posting here on daniweb. And here is that terminator posting here now. (me)

commented: Amazing reply ! +0

. And a lot of those ideas were stolen-- Bill Gates bought DOS really cheaply and Steve Jobs stole the mouse from Xerox (I think)..

Bill Gates got DOS from IBM so cheaply because IBM didn't know what to do with it and didn't really want it. So yea, you buy something at a huge price that hasn't been developed yet. That's not stealing -- its just good business.

cwarn23 that was amazing your a legend in my books just for that one post !

This thread is officially obsolete.

Yes, by all means let's move on. God forbid we mourn anyone for more than 24 hours.

commented: Thanks for the great post +0

Steve was one of the greatest business leaders of our generation. He created products that people had never even imagined in their wildest dreams. He inspired many to follow their dreams, and to take the leap in changing the world. Even if you did not like Apple products, you could not say that you didn't respect what he did for the computing world. He will be missed by all. RIP Steve.

commented: Nice +0

Bill Gates got DOS from IBM so cheaply because IBM didn't know what to do with it and didn't really want it. So yea, you buy something at a huge price that hasn't been developed yet. That's not stealing -- its just good business.

Not just business but Good Business. Bill gates is just one smart person the Tech industry needed and he brought a lot of competition into the industry thus leading to advancement in tech by different companies so as to attract more users and earn higher profits year after year.

how the genius of apple died(*^*)

<?php
include('variables.php');
die('Steve Jobs');
sleep($tenyears);
die('Bill Gates');
exit;

An worldy hero has fallen! +99 internets for steve jobs on his way to heaven. :)

okay. serious now.

Steve jobs will never be forgotten. for he shaped the future of many people and now many of us are enjoying he's crafts. but if we do forget about him in the FUTURE. i hope someone like him (prolly someone better than him) will rise and would help us remember about steve, whos somehow contributed to improving man's journey.

>.> oh boy does it sound to epic.? *from my heart* R.I.P steve!

cwarn23

I improved your program, and translated it into C++ ;)

#include <ComputerPeople.h>
#include <conio.h> //for sleep
int main() {
ComputerPerson *BillGates = new ComputerPerson("Microsoft");
ComputerPerson *SteveJobs = new ComputerPerson("Macs");

BillGates->StealStuffAndGetRich();
SteveJobs->StealStuffAndGetRich();

delete SteveJobs;
Sleep(TENYEARS);
delete BillGates;
return 0;
}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.