Hey,

Found this article on nice-to-have certs. vs. must-have certs.
Wondering what you all think about the list of must-have certs. Do you agree with it?
Here's the link to the article: <URL SNIPPED>
Let me know what you think..

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

>>There are some certifications that are nice to have and others that are simply "must haves" in today's competitive job market.

Certifications only help you get a job. Two people with identical education and experience, the one with certs will probably get hired. None of the are needed for entry level jobs.

experience tops certification.

The list is obviously B.S., no software developer who is worth anything is going to get certs, and you can throw out all software developer resumes that mention certifications without losing any signal. So at least the software development certs in that list are worthless. For other "IT" people, I don't know.

you can throw out all software developer resumes that mention certifications without losing any signal.

don't really agree. a lot of companies will have their consultants either work on internal projects when they're on the bench, or, to get certified in something in their field if there are no internal projects. I agree that a certificate doesn't tell much when it comes to experience, but personally, when experience and education considers two candidates equals, I'm more interested in the candidate that has a certificate in his resume, than the one with a two or three-week gap.

URL removed

@CertifiedMan no more of these spam links. I previously removed link to another blog entry on same site so I do not take it as coincidence. One more post like this and you get banned.

Thread closed!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.