Hey Everybody,

As I have seen many times myself, a great way to break the ice, is to tell the most embarrasing thing that ever happened to you. C'mon people, you all know you had those moments. I will start.

One time I was attending the UPE (Upsilon Pi Epsilon National Computer Science Society) ceremony. I was one of the inductees. The rules are that the ceremony requires certain chairs in the front row to be left vacant, and nobody should sit in them for any reason (symbolizing the founders of the society).

Well...I was feeling a little tired from the last night I spent studying for one of the classes, and was feeling half asleep. So they call my name, I come up, get my certificate, and then I am trying to find my seat....where is it? So I sat on one of the chairs that were reserved for the founders (and there were many people in the audience)!!! Everybody starts telling me (in front of all the other inductees, and audiences), so I get up and start looking for my seat again. I cannot find it! Everybody is pointing their fingers at me telling where my seat is, and some people in the auidence are laughgung (and professors too)! I found my seat eventually (like after 3 mins). I looked like a fool in front of many people. This will probably go down in the society's history :o . Will never forget this :o :o :o .

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

>I looked like a fool in front of many people.

You probably are. Tee he he.

:rolleyes:

There's no way you can make a fool of yourself at a UPE ceremony because the ceremony, itself, is so screwy. Upsilon gives a speech to Pi ... Pi acknowledges Upsilon ... Epsilon lights candles ... and so on and so forth (yes, I know I'm wrong about who does what, but that's the gist of it). It's such a silly ritual :)

-- a fellow UPE member

-- a fellow UPE member

Thats cool, and yeah the ceremony is silly (but I liked the free dinner) :mrgreen:. What University/chapter were you from? I am from Iota (SUNY Binghamton University--if you ever heard of that place). That was long ago, now i am a graduate student at the same place (planned to go to Hofstra first, but then decided to stay at BU).

I actually know a few people who went to Binghamton. :) And I went to Hofstra :)

I was at a party and they had a projector on the ceilign to project movies on teh wll and we were trying to see who could reach it and i did but it fell and broke and it whas new and 2,000 dollars!

I was at a party and they had a projector on the ceilign to project movies on teh wll and we were trying to see who could reach it and i did but it fell and broke and it whas new and 2,000 dollars!

OUCH!!! did they make you pay for it?

OUCH!!! did they make you pay for it?

No cus the person instaling it whas supost to do a good job and it wasnt supost to fall if you touched it what would hapened if you couldnt find the remote and had to go on a lader and push the buton ? so the company had to refund the money

I was at the mall with a couple of girls one day and we were coming out of a store. I was trying to figure out something on my cell phone so I was looking down at it walking. The store had glass walls, by the way. We were walking out side by side when one of them called my name. Before I realized why I smacked right into the glass. I felt like an idiot, but it made for a good story later.

I was at the mall with a couple of girls one day and we were coming out of a store. I was trying to figure out something on my cell phone so I was looking down at it walking. The store had glass walls, by the way. We were walking out side by side when one of them called my name. Before I realized why I smacked right into the glass. I felt like an idiot, but it made for a good story later.

0_o Y DIDNT YUO GET TEH WALLHAX?!!!!!11!!1!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.