Windows Media Player 11 to RTM Sept. 14. Yes, you read it right:

http://www.thehotfix.net/comments.php?catid=1&shownews=1022

What happens when you dogfood a software for a long period of time:

Well the piece of software that you were currently dogfood quickly becomes obselete and requires an update. This is exactly what happened to my Remindme Program. Each version was being dogfood for 2 to 3 weeks. After each weeks, the program quickly becomes obselete and requires an update quickly. This was on a small scale, but what about a software on a large scale.

Well this is exactly what is happening at Microsft. These guys have been dogfooding Windows Longhorn/Vista for almost six years now and they can see how obselete their software is becoming. That is why, even before Windows Vista and DirectX 10 is shipped, they are already starting on the next version, including DirectX 10.1 which will be released soon after Vista will be released.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

What does it mean to "dogfood" something?

Sorry ,cscgal, "Dogfood" was a completely another subject.

I had assumed the term was being used as an euphemism, for something that happens to rhyme with dogfood funnily enough... :D

:idea:
My computer hasn't had any dogfood since its previous owner!, all of us reading theses forums are not as pc savy as you pros so why not use some language we all can understand?, thats my story and i'm sticking to it!

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner, that rhyming slang appeals to me :D

Of course, I could be barking up the wrong tree (excuse the pun) but my assumption was 'dogfood' = 'screwed'

Notice all comments seem to pertain to the term 'dog food' and are ot at all related to the blog... :)

Hi HI HI, I like Your Comments

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.