hey guys i just need someone to help me out in parts (c) and (d) of the following question:

a- Implement the function f(a,x)=sin(ax)/x. (the prototype is double f1(double a, double x). Note that this function is equal to a for x=0. (6 points)
b- Write a code that asks the user to enter a, and calculates the sum: sum= f(a,0)+f(a,0.01)+f(a,0.02)+…+f(a,1) , i.e. in the interval 0<=x<=1. Test your code for a=12, and include the result as a comment in your program.

c- Write a code which counts, calculates, and displays the roots of f(a,x) in the interval 0<=x<=1, with an error less than 0.01. Note that a root exists between r and r+0.01 if f(a,r)*f(a,r+0.01) is negative. Test your code for a=12, and include the result as a comment in your program.

d- Write a code which counts, calculates, and displays the number of minima of f(a,x) in the interval 0<=x<=1, with an error less than 0.01. Test your code for a=12, and include the result as a comment in your program.

Edited by ??!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by shvmgyl15

do you want the code or explanation

for the (c) part you just have to write the square root code

an explanation would do

Edited by ??!!

double SQRT(double num)

{

// Assume that the number is less than 1,000,000. so that the maximum of SQRT would be 1000.

// Lets assume the result is 1000. If you want you can increase this limit

double min = 0, max = 1000;

double answer = 0;

double test = 0;

if(num < 0)

{

printf("Negative numbers are not allowed");

return -1;

}

else if(num == 0)

return 0;

while(1)

{

test = (min + max) / 2;

answer = test * test;

if( num > answer)

{

// min needs be moved

min = test;

}

else if(num < answer)

{

// max needs be moved

max = test;

}

if(num == answer)

break;

if(num > (answer - 0.01) &&

num < (answer + 0.01))

break;

}

return test;

}
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.