hey guys i just need someone to help me out in parts (c) and (d) of the following question:

a- Implement the function f(a,x)=sin(ax)/x. (the prototype is double f1(double a, double x). Note that this function is equal to a for x=0. (6 points)
b- Write a code that asks the user to enter a, and calculates the sum: sum= f(a,0)+f(a,0.01)+f(a,0.02)+…+f(a,1) , i.e. in the interval 0<=x<=1. Test your code for a=12, and include the result as a comment in your program.

c- Write a code which counts, calculates, and displays the roots of f(a,x) in the interval 0<=x<=1, with an error less than 0.01. Note that a root exists between r and r+0.01 if f(a,r)*f(a,r+0.01) is negative. Test your code for a=12, and include the result as a comment in your program.

d- Write a code which counts, calculates, and displays the number of minima of f(a,x) in the interval 0<=x<=1, with an error less than 0.01. Test your code for a=12, and include the result as a comment in your program.

do you want the code or explanation

for the (c) part you just have to write the square root code

an explanation would do

double SQRT(double num)

{

// Assume that the number is less than 1,000,000. so that the maximum of SQRT would be 1000.

// Lets assume the result is 1000. If you want you can increase this limit

double min = 0, max = 1000;

double answer = 0;

double test = 0;

if(num < 0)

{

printf("Negative numbers are not allowed");

return -1;

}

else if(num == 0)

return 0;

while(1)

{

test = (min + max) / 2;

answer = test * test;

if( num > answer)

{

// min needs be moved

min = test;

}

else if(num < answer)

{

// max needs be moved

max = test;

}

if(num == answer)

break;

if(num > (answer - 0.01) &&

num < (answer + 0.01))

break;

}

return test;

}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.