jread 0 Newbie Poster

Sooooo.....

My planned Master's degree will be in CIS, though I do wish it were less "business-ie" and more "techie". Every single career test I've ever taken has Software Engineering ranked as the #1 career for me. I've seen that one can get into this field with a CIS or a CS degree, but I didn't know there was an actual degree in it. This is cool because I definitely have found a love for development/programming.

After searching around, I found that Texas Tech. has a M.S. in Software Engineering that can be done entirely by distance education. This would be awesome since my fulltime work schedule makes it hard to attend classes.... plus gas prices make driving around a bad thing.

Now, I know we have a few software engineers on this forum, so I'd like to hear your thoughts. I see that it was one of the fastest-growing and the salaries are awesome. Then again, I don't want to be beaten down like a little donkey at some sweatshop.

Please discuss :)

P.S. Let's not get into the whole "s0ftwarz 3nG1neer1ngz iZ n0t r33L 1njUn33r1nG!!!!111" debate.