Today I wanted to post an example , I realized that I didn't had buttons to insert code or to define code lines. I had to read https://www.daniweb.com/welcome/syntax and then make several attempts to insert code. One thing that it would be done in few milliseconds if I had a btn to add code or to define it , it took me more than a minute , why ? Do you try to make users stop sending code examples ?

Let me be clear: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
When posting code, begin a line with 4 spaces in a row (or one tab), preceded by a blank line. 4+ spaces or tabs may not be used anywhere else.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

There ARE buttons. Look just above the edit box. Specifically, there are buttons labeled Code anx Inline Code.

Where are those Reverend Jim ? I only have "Preview" and a question mark ... (I can't even share an image of this screen)

What type of device are you using? The edit box looks like the following if you are using a laptop/notebook/desktop.

EditBox.png

I think that jkon is using a smartphone, where there are only the preview and ? options showing. If I recall correctly it was felt that hardly anyone would be trying to input code on a smartphone, so keeping the editor/screen clutter free was more important.

I'm sure Dani will be along soon if that's not the case.

Member Avatar for diafol

This happened to me yesterday on an old pc.

Hi Davey,

Unfortunately, the Markdown editor that we use (and which our toolbar is attached to) is not mobile-friendly. Therefore, we are unable to include our toolbar on mobile devices because it simply would be extremely, extremely buggy and not work correctly.

Keeping the editor clutter-free on mobile is also important. Hehe.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.